Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star trek or Star wars? Its time to take sides!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star trek or Star wars? Its time to take sides!

Star Trek.....I am a big trekkie.

They're both utter crap.
    Visit the Vote UK Discussion Forum!

Comment

aww comon. Star Trek is awesome.

Comment

Derivative. All derivative of DOCTOR WHO!
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Capt Kirk is the total naval CO. Gene Roddenberry was a Navy guy and it shows.

Comment

Its not even close, Star Trek is much better. James Doohans portrayal of a scotsman was second only to Sean Connery as a Spaniard in the same movie with a Frenchman (I think) playing a scotsman. The mind reels..........
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
              Its not even close, Star Trek is much better. James Doohans portrayal of a scotsman was second only to Sean Connery as a Spaniard in the same movie with a Frenchman (I think) playing a scotsman. The mind reels..........
              Why is Trek so much better?
              Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                Capt Kirk is the total naval CO. Gene Roddenberry was a Navy guy and it shows.
                Hate to rain on your parade...But IIRC, Roddenberry was a bomber crewman in the war.
                Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

WARS > TREK

FACT

Comment

Both started out as great SF series with great senses of humor. Then both started taking themselves way to seriously.

They're sci-fi junk for crying out loud. Why can't we have fun with them anymore??

Harry Potter rules!

Comment

Wars made better movies, but in terms of overall plot/believability, Trek I think was much better.
                      "Beauty is not in the face...Beauty is a light in the heart." - Kahlil Gibran
                      "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves" - Victor Hugo
                      "It is noble to be good; it is still nobler to teach others to be good -- and less trouble." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Hate to rain on your parade...But IIRC, Roddenberry was a bomber crewman in the war.
                        oops. Well I read somewhere that one of the creators had a Navyu background which led to the use of Naval ranks, etc. on the space vessels.

Found this on the internet:

I have always liked Star Trek. I watched the original show in the 60's, waited eagerly for the first movie in the 70's, and then later in the 80's got hooked all over again on Star Trek: The Next Generation. It has been good television, good science fiction, and occasionally even good film. Some things, nevertheless, have driven me crazy: (1) Picard and Riker both giving commands, in tandem, on the bridge is absurd. One person has the conn or has the deck on a ship, and it is dangerous to have any confusion about that (see quote above). As Executive Officer, Riker wouldn't even be on the bridge in ordinary circumstances. (2) There doesn't seem to be anything like a regular watch on the bridge. In one show a big point is made that only a full commander can have bridge command, but nothing is more common on the show than to have scenes where all the senior officers of the ship are in some conference or other, leaving who knows who directing the ship on the bridge--unless there are full commanders who aren't part of the regular cast. The writers don't seem to know what naval lieutenants are for--to be the officers of the deck. And (3) Star Trek has never known what admirals are for. The first Star Trek movie has a farcical conflict over whether Admiral Kirk or the newly assigned captain will assume command of the Enterprise. One wonders what Horatio Nelson and Captain Hardy were both doing on the HMS Victory. Later, Star Trek: The Next Generation refers to the Enterprise as the "flag ship" of Star Fleet, without apparently realizing that a flag ship is a ship with a "flag," i.e. a flag officer, an admiral. A Star Trek admiral seems to be some kind of shore officer.

Comment

Originally posted by MORON
                          WARS > TREK

FACT
                          your name's actually correct.

Go Star TREK!

Comment

Dr. Who rocks both of their worlds.
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

both rock....but star wars to me is like the bible
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X