No announcement yet.

A warning about the "LOTR: the two towers" preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you seen the number of 'false entry voided' markers?????
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Ok, I went to amazon, its a different edition to the one I read. Its only been out in the UK for a few years.
      Maybe not 800 pages then. Felt like it though, what with the same lines being used over and over again.
      "boggies are greedy" "aragorn is a wimp" "sam is gay" yadda yadda
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I actually agree with you. Was a long time ago that I read it. But that was my impression also...

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

"boggies are greedy" "aragorn is a wimp" "sam is gay" yadda yadda
          Arrowroot, son of Arrowshirt.

Spam Gangrene.

I hate Spam.

I am not even going to write what Bilbo was called. I think it might get filtered.

Comment

Spoilers ahoy - not that you shouldn't know after reading the book and stuff like that...

Originally posted by JohnIII
            Sure there are: Sam's eavesdropping, Gandalf's two eyes, etc., etc. They aren't very good, but they are there.
            I recall having fun with the orcs mistaking Sam for a great warrior in the end of Two Towers and when Sam defeated that big spider... though the tale of Sam, Frodo and Gollum passing the swamp had been quite dry for my tastes so my perception of fun could of been warped at that time.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Oh, and the BBC radio version (which is otherwise excellent) has an hilarious piece of bad acting from the guy who plays Gandalf. When Treebeard tells him that he let Saruman go, Gandalf say 'Wha..?' like some cheesy B-movie actor.

Sam defeating the spider was more of a scene from the Hobbit than LotR.

Comment

Ned is such an idiot. Not only does he use a pic of Gandalf as an avatar icon despite beign a moron, he doesn't even know what he's on about with all that. Go sign the petition, Ned.

Comment

lol. indeed. judging by his avatar you'd expect him to be a LotR nut.
                  Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

and wise as well... alas, he's neither

Comment

Originally posted by JohnIII
                      Sam defeating the spider was more of a scene from the Hobbit than LotR.
                      I'm not sure if I understood your point right, but it was definitely in LotR.
                      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Noo, the whole theme of the scene seemed to me to be lifted from the Hobbit rather than fitting in with LotR.

Comment

and wise as well... alas, he's neither
                          yup

Comment

well yes.

Comment

indeed

Ned might be grey though.

Comment

Ecthelion and Saint Marcus, Actually I loved the movie and am now reading the books. It seems that we have at least one thing on which we agree. But it may be a cold day in h*ll before there is another.
                                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                                X