A warning about the "LOTR: the two towers" preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A warning about the "LOTR: the two towers" preview

I saw "The lord of the rings" this week. There's a "LOTR: the two towers" preview at the end. Its nice, but for those of you who have not read the books, there is a major spoiler in it. You have been warned!
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

If you haven't read the book you have no business going to see the movie.
    Bunch of lasy asses.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Gameleague weeny....

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
        Bunch of lasy asses.

For the record, and I'm somewhat ashamed to confess it, I read the LOTR trilogy about 5 or 6 times.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Read The Hobbit at my Mum's insistence before LOTR. Hated it. Lost all interest beyond just finishing it by 3/4 through. Got so bored with LOTR after 20 pages I gave up and haven't tried since.

Fantasy novels just bore me senseless.

-Have you read the book?

-No, but I saw the movie.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

god those books were boring.

i've read LOTR, all of it, but it is as BORING a book as i;ve ever read.
            Read Blessed be the Peacemakers | Read Political Freedom | Read Pax Germania: A Story of Redemption | Read Unrelated Matters | Read Stains of Blood and Ash | Read Ripper: A Glimpse into the Life of Gen. Jack Sterling | Read Deutschland Erwachte! | Read The Best Friend | Read A Mothers Day Poem | Read Deliver us From Evil | Read The Promised Land

Comment

Re: A warning about the "LOTR: the two towers" preview

Originally posted by nostromo
              I saw "The lord of the rings" this week. There's a "LOTR: the two towers" preview at the end. Its nice, but for those of you who have not read the books, there is a major spoiler in it. You have been warned!
              My god, what a title after 9/11!
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

It's the name of the second volume, Ned. It was chosen closer to WWII than Sept. 11.

What was the spoiler? Nobody on this forum worth their salt should be unfamiliar with the series anyway. And the movies are designed in large part for people who've already read the books.
                John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Read The Hobbit at my Mum's insistence before LOTR. Hated it. Lost all interest beyond just finishing it by 3/4 through. Got so bored with LOTR after 20 pages I gave up and haven't tried since.

Fantasy novels just bore me senseless.
                  Me too. When all the hype started I read the Hobbit and started reading the first book. After the sixth chapter it became too boring to continue. I also never bothered to see the movie.
                  "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I love Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit.

Exciting read.

Comment

Re: Re: A warning about the "LOTR: the two towers" preview

Originally posted by Ned

My god, what a title after 9/11!
                      petition to rename the movie!
                      http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

renaming a book by a BRITISH author written DECADES before 2001, just because something happened in the USA?

That's just stupid.
                        Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                          Bunch of lasy asses.

Bite me
                          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

And there is no way the movie should be renamed. Bloody hypersensitive idiots.
                            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Agreement PH. I resisted as long as I could, but eventually had to see the movie. I AM an NZer, and also one of the three in the country who didn't end up in the films at some point.

For those who HAVEN'T seen it, do so while you can (if you still can) - it's actually good. And this coming from someone who normally can't stand fantasy.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X