No announcement yet.

Not giving any more money to that anti-Semite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's the drunk Frenchmen thing. It's a regional stereotype, actually, in the US NorthEast, where there are lots of Quebeqois.
    Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Oh yes. I thought he was referring to the monkey itself, for some reason. That is a rather repulsive stereotype.
      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        If that, was indeed the case, I would find it offensive. BTW, are you trying to imply that Jews aren't white?
        no, but when people say "white", for some reason they dont intend to include Jews.
        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• Originally posted by Guynemer
          Oh yes. I thought he was referring to the monkey itself, for some reason. That is a rather repulsive stereotype.
          At least you guys are being consistent here.
          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I haven't seen Dr Dolittle 2. Can't comment on it.

Shi Huangdi, I don't have a problem with Germans being shown as the bad guys in a WWII film. They were the bad guys.

Akka le Vil, I didn't go looking for anything in AtoC. But Watto's depiction was over the top.
            Do you mind if the enemy is portrayed in a dehumanizing fashion?

Comment

• It depends, GP. I think generally, however, better movies try and show that the enemy is human also. Ralph Fines played an absolute monster in Schindler's List. But he was a human monster, all the more scarey. That doesn't really answer your question.

No, I really don't think I do think it's okay to dehumanize "the enemy." One-demensional cardboard villains aren't that interesting, for one thing. Plus it can help to reenforce existing stereotypes. Consider how Arabs are being portrayed in movies currently. While most Arabs are certainly unhappy with the US, they certainly aren't scrambling over each other trying to destroy us.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

I haven't seen Dr Dolittle 2. Can't comment on it.

Shi Huangdi, I don't have a problem with Germans being shown as the bad guys in a WWII film. They were the bad guys.

Akka le Vil, I didn't go looking for anything in AtoC. But Watto's depiction was over the top.
                Not just WWII flilms but other films too.
                "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

• Which other films? (chegitz has been spending too much time behind the monitor)

Comment

Working...
                  X