No announcement yet.

India threatens war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correction: the 1962 border conflict was a Chinese response to Indian aggression. The PLA even unilaterally withdrew even though they could have easily capture New Delhi.
    True, but that's not how the West saw it
    Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
    Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Defiant
      Yea Right, Missile tests (ie. nuclear warning blasts)
      Missile tests complete.

And the rhetoric continues. When will we see some fireworks already?

Comment

• Lonestar, I wasn't thinking amphibious capability at all. just tying up some of their air force to the coast , to gain them an edge in the northen kashmir area, perhaps , coastal support to help advancing forces. Aircraft superiority can be nullified with Air defences , for a time, while superior ground troops will march on forward air bases. I think .

And people are happy about the cuts in nuclear arsenals treaty between the US and Russia. who cares? they're not the ones about to launch.
        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Here's an interesting article from the Times of India...

Has US seized Pak N-arms?

K SUBRAHMANYAM

TIMES NEWS NETWORK [ SATURDAY, MAY 25, 2002 12:04:30 PM ]

NEW DELHI: The missile tests by Pakistan could indicate that the Americans have taken charge of the country’s nuclear warheads.

President Prevez Musharraf, in his speech on September 19, had said if he did not join the US alliance, Pakistan's strategic assets – nuclear warheads and missiles – would be under threat.

The tests have been done for domestic reasons. The country is under tremendous world pressure to climb down on its policy on terrorism vis-a-vis India. And the government would want to demonstrate to the people that it is not yielding.

It is, therefore, compensating a possible climbdown through more tests.

The tests, themselves, are superfluous. Ghauri and Shaheen are already tested and proven Chinese and North Korean missiles. The fact that they are being tested over land and inhabited areas proves the point further.

The Americans, meanwhile, cannot trust Pakistan with both missiles and nuclear warheads. Given the Pakistani hatred for them, they fear the weapons may be turned against them, to attack their bases in Afghanistan and aircraft carriers in the region.

The US counter-proliferation policy would be totally meaningless if the US forces deployed there permit Pakistan to use nuclear weapons.The US media and analysts have been silent so far on this issue. The US is engaged in information warfare, trying to frighten India and Pakistan away from war.

It has, however, refrained from discussing the possibility of Pakistan’s nuclear weapons being turned against it.

But the US is not to be blamed for that. India has not asked the right questions.

(As told to Sidharth Srivastava)
          Times of India brings the Latest & Top Breaking News on Politics and Current Affairs in India & around the World, Cricket, Sports, Business, Bollywood News and Entertainment, Science, Technology, Health & Fitness news & opinions from leading columnists.
          "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

• I like the Times of India. I think more major newspapers should have Babe of the Day pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew1999
              I like the Times of India. I think more major newspapers should have Babe of the Day pages.

Oddly enough, the Hindustan Times also has collections of "babe" pictures.
              "Let us kill the English! Their concept of individual rights could undermine the power of our beloved tyrants!"

~Lisa as Jeanne d'Arc

Comment

• Did you read the joke section? You won't find jokes like that in an American newspaper!
                "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

• No fireworks yet. Just a vietnam for india, and there getting angry about it. The constant proxy shellig across Khasmir, the pakistani's seem to be getting the better of. In terms of casualties. I dont know if it has more to do with more Indian troops, hence larger concentrations, or the fact that Chinese artillery is that damn good. You see 3 pakistani's hurt, and 30 indians hurt in artillery shootouts each day.

Comment

• I think just more troops.
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

• I read yesterday that an unnamed Indian military officer boasted that "they are ready to lose 25 million people in a nuclear war."

If that's true, I loath to be an Indian civilian now. What kind of democracy we have here?
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• I wonder what exactly India expects to gain from a war and possible nuclear exchance? Is it that important to govern a tract of land that is contaminated and devastated. I wonder if Muslims world wide will consider India as the great Satan if they use nuclear weapons against a muslim country.
                        Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

• To me, it all smacks like a good way of diverting the attention of its citizens to somewhere else, particularly with all these cheap cheesy terrorism talks it can't substantiate. That means the current government probably has some thorny socio-economic issues it can't tackle.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                          X