Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Pics that we can use in our daily threads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was Mentally Retarded.

Then it became Mentally Handicapped.

Now it's Mentally Disabled?

They are NOT DISABLED !

Their capacity to learn has not stopped functioning, it has ,however, slowed down.

Or, has been retarded.

People using the word ******, to describe somebody that is not, just sound stupid. They aren't actively repressing retarded people.

I am not advocating that picture, in fact I loathe it. But not because it uses the WORD retarded. But, because, it uses the image of a Mentally Retarded person.

The foundation for this condition is still called:

The Mental Retardation Foundation..
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

For the endless ME threads

Can Arafat look any more insane?
      Attached Files
      A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

at BOB!
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
          It was Mentally Retarded.

Then it became Mentally Handicapped.

Now it's Mentally Disabled?

They are NOT DISABLED !

Their capacity to learn has not stopped functioning, it has ,however, slowed down.

Or, has been retarded.

People using the word ******, to describe somebody that is not, just sound stupid. They aren't actively repressing retarded people.

I am not advocating that picture, in fact I loathe it. But not because it uses the WORD retarded. But, because, it uses the image of a Mentally Retarded person.

The foundation for this condition is still called:

The Mental Retardation Foundation..
          Never said they did not have the capacity to learn.

A disability does not imply a complete lack of a function.
          A person who has a disabled leg can still walk -- just with crutches, for instance.

If you wish to continue the use of "retarded" be my guest -- I will stick with mentally disabled.
          Last edited by MrFun; May 24, 2002, 11:17.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Never said they did not have the capacity to learn.

A disability does not imply a complete lack of a function.
            A person who has a disabled leg can still walk -- just with crutches, for instance.

If you wish to continue the use of "retarded" be my guess -- I will stick with mentally disabled.
            While we're at it, just call them '*****. How's that for PC?
            If you look around and think everyone else is an *******, you're the *******.

Comment

Timex, you do not know the art of trolling.

I rate yours 0.05 out of 10.

Comment

I borrowed this ones from some threads here.
                Attached Files
                Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

And this one.
                  Attached Files
                  Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Retarded is still used among medical experts in the field of dealing with special needs kids, so therefore it is, IMO, acceptable usage when referring to such people in a clinical way.

Using retarded derogatorily is ignorant and offensive, as is "******," "'****," etc.

But just because a word is used by some in a derogatory way does not nullify the word's use.

MrFun, "gay" is used by some people in a negative way, as we have discussed in another thread as naseum. But while using the word that way is offensive, the word itself is not and the correct use of the word to--referring to gay men and women--is perfectly fine. I don't see why the word "retarded" should be different, especially since those who have the most right to be offended--the retarded--aren't.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

• Ok --- so the context of the use of the word "retarded" needs to be considered before determining whether or not its use is appropriate in a particular instance.

That Special Olympics picture with the tasteless non-funny joke, for instance, was deragatory.

Comment

• Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Her site was down as of 10 minutes ago...

I check in occasionally to see if she's still pissed at us...
                        what was this about?

Comment

• Originally posted by Provost Harrison

You pick on my use of the 'F' word in a jovial context, yet you allow the use of cripples in a defamatory context. I do not retract.

Ban me if you must, I will register a formal complaint with the administrators.

You're so cute when you act defiant...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

Retarded is a deragatory term that dehumanizes the people targeted with that term.

Use the term mentally disabled.
                            My God!!

At least try not to be a textbook, knee-jerk PC person. I mean sheesh. Listen to yourself sometime. Listen to Boris. Just be a bit more nuanced...

Comment

• GP -- you're bad at trolling.

I rate your trolling at 0.05 out of 10.

Comment

• Heres a Ming-friendly version of Kublai-Khan's, minus the stupidly censored words.
                                Attached Files
                                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                                X