Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Pics that we can use in our daily threads.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked the coffee mug man though, and that soldier...

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand

I've just been sitting here, waiting and hoping you would see that pic.
      Figured that you were.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Just drawn by me
        Attached Files
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Lonestar...
            Remove that picture or face a restriction.

ONE LAST TIME.
            The owners have the auto censor enabled for a reason.
            Respect their wishes or find some other place to post.

The next person that includes a swear word in their picture will get suspended... NO WARNING!
            Attached Files
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Retarded is a deragatory term that dehumanizes the people targeted with that term.

Use the term mentally disabled.
              When you get down to it, considering that 'mental' means something concerning mind and 'disabled' means unable to do something, isn't this just a fancy way to say 'unable to use his mind', ie. stupid?

Of course, the logic of political correctness says that when phrase sounds right, it doesn't matter if closer inspection would actually determine phrase to be more insulting than the one it replaces. All that matters is that it sounds all polite and political-correctnessey and stuff.

Then again, anti-PC folks aren't that much better, either. They might just as well say "You can't call racists, sexists and homophobes racistic, sexist or homophobic anymore. You have to call them 'politically incorrect' now" and be done with it.
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Retarded is a deragatory term that dehumanizes the people targeted with that term.

Use the term mentally disabled.

I had a sister that died a few years ago. She was RETARDED. She wasn't mentally disabled, she was retarded.

PC crap really annoys me, and this is one of the worst. She is Mentally retarded.

Do you call flame retardant Christmas Trees, flame disabled?

No, you don't.
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Attached Files
                  "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                  "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Wow, what a flattering picture of Ming.
                    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

If that was really Ming, Mingapulco would be a lot more crowded than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bugs ****ing Bunny
                        Apt, I feel.

What is funny about this pic??

Edit: The pic of the praying kid.

And, yeah, Ming is ****ing hot.
                        Periodista : A proposito del escudo de la fe, Elisa, a mí me sorprendía Reutemann diciendo que estaba dispuesto a enfrentarse con el mismísimo demonio (Menem) y después terminó bajándose de la candidatura. Ahí parece que fuera ganando el demonio.

Elisa Carrio: No, porque si usted lee bien el Génesis dice que la mujer pisará la serpiente.

Comment

Ming, you W*nker.You forgot about some of the, uh, guys around here.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

I had a sister that died a few years ago. She was RETARDED. She wasn't mentally disabled, she was retarded.

PC crap really annoys me, and this is one of the worst. She is Mentally retarded.

Do you call flame retardant Christmas Trees, flame disabled?

No, you don't.
                            Sorry about your sister's death.

But first off -- you can call an object flame retardant if it is, because objects have no feelings, and they have no human worth.

Secondly, retarded is a word that is used by many people in society as a deragatory insult. Thus, it shows a complete lack of respect for those who are mentally-disabled, and degrades them as a group.

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun

Sorry about your sister's death.

But first off -- you can call an object flame retardant if it is, because objects have no feelings, and they have no human worth.

Secondly, retarded is a word that is used by many people in society as a deragatory insult. Thus, it shows a complete lack of respect for those who are mentally-disabled, and degrades them as a group.
                              I can honestly tell you, that most mentally retarded people do not feel it is a derogatory insult.

I'm a straight man, if somebody calls me a Fa**** does that degrade you?

Comment

First off, many (not all) mentally disabled people would not be able to discern that they are being insulted. Depends on the type, and the extent of their mental disability. But we need to respect their dignity.

People who continue using the word "retarded" to describe these people will be seen by many others, for what they are -- insensitive, and ignorant (not knowing any better).

And yes, when people use the word "******" to insult others, it is an offensive use to me. Maybe some gays would not be offended, but I certainly would. It's the negative context and meaning intended, that irks me.

Comment

Working...
                                X