• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

depends on your definition of good...

...and soccer
    Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Well, second in the Spanish league, Spanish cup champions, CL quarter-finals...not bad.

Comment

that makes them the best in Europe?

If you think Deportivo is the best, than I say Feyenoord is. UEFA Cup winners and all, beating Rangers, PSV, Inter and Dortmund.

Comment

What about Real Madrid guys

Saluti
          "Life is pretty simple: You do some stuff. Most fails. Some works. You do more of what works. If it works big, others quickly copy it. Then you do something else.
          The trick is the doing something else."
          — Leonardo da Vinci
          "If God forbade drinking, would He have made wine so good?" - Cardinal Richelieu
          "In vino veritas" - Plinio il vecchio

Comment

They don't have as good a squad. Their lack of defensive cover is particularly worrying.

Feyenoord? I think the Spanish league may be a bit tougher than the Dutch league, and the CL tougher than the UEFA cup.

Comment

but the final of the UEFA cup is better than the 1/4th final of the CL. And Inter and Dortmund are world class teams.

Comment

Dortmund had a man sent off, Inter got beaten in one leg by Ipswich, who got relegated from the Premier League. Deportivo spanked Arsenal when Arsenal were playing really well.

Comment

Ever heard of luck, because with all these arguments we could also say that Valencia is the best team, beating those European 'Superpowers' in their own league.

I am personally leaning towards Real Madrid, looking at their squad, performance and way of playing. The last one will mean I will never say a German team is the best in the world.

And about Feyenoord, losing 1-0 to De Graafschap, do have to say more?

Comment

Mark: And yet... who's in the World Cup .

I think we put up a better fight against Ireland as well .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• I could bet all my coffee-break money (and that's a lot!) on that Roy Keane has been bribed my some crazy and excentric american oil billioneer from Texas....

Comment

• As if that bribery would help.

Comment

• Americans often are of a very positive nature.

Comment

• Do you think you get trough to the second round? If yes, you really have a positive nature.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oligarf
                              Ever heard of luck, because with all these arguments we could also say that Valencia is the best team, beating those European 'Superpowers' in their own league.

I am personally leaning towards Real Madrid, looking at their squad, performance and way of playing. The last one will mean I will never say a German team is the best in the world.

And about Feyenoord, losing 1-0 to De Graafschap, do have to say more?
                              Valencia have a case, but their defence is aging. League performance should be weighted above cup performance, because winning a league is hard (as the Dutch discovered ).

Comment

• Yes, because everyone, except for people from Amsterdam, agree that Feyenoord and PSV are actually better. So why saying actual performance says something about being better.

Comment

Working...
                                X