Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

(ax)' IS NOT EQUAL to x!!!

/me lost 16 points on an exam because of this trivial mistake.

/me bangs head against the wall.

/me says bye-bye to 90+ maths grade.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

That rare outbreak of self criticism should be sticky

Oh, and don´t worry
    Blah

Comment

I claimed that Eva Biaudet had been the chairman of Finland's parliament in a Swedish test. Take that blunder .
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

That's the stupidest mistake I have ever seen.

There is only one way you can get your honou rback in that country - go to army.

Comment

Unless.... a = 0.5 x
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

we consider a a constant, not a linear function

Comment

(although I had to actually think for a bit before I realized what was wrong.)

My stupidest mistake was probably screwing a test question because I had counted 2*3=8 and based my calculations on that. (Happened in high school.)
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

*!=^

Comment

This is all going right over my head. Maths was never my strong point.
                  The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Yes, Ecthelion, that's correct. Ten points and a parrot mark.
                    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

2+2=5 for very high values of 2...

Being a lib arts major, I can't recall ever having a blatantly stupid (er, sorry Eli) mistake of this sort that screwed me over. My best friend in highschool, however, got serious points taken off a paper he did on the French Revolution because he--consistently--misspelled the word "public" as "pubic."

Gotta love that Committee of Pubic Safety...
                      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
                        we consider a a constant, not a linear function
                        In algebra, I consider nothing to be a constant until told otherwise.
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Re: Idiot! Idiot! Idiot!

Originally posted by Eli

* Eli lost 16 points on an exam because of this trivial mistake.

* Eli bangs head against the wall.

* Eli says bye-bye to 90+ maths grade.
                          If I don't mix with anything,
                          (ax)' = a
                          Right ?
                          Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Unfortunately, yes.
                            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

@Boris' 1st

Comment

Working...
                              X