Which is more important to the US?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is more important to the US?

This isn't meant to be a troll, I'd genuinly like to see what people think - which ideology do you see as more important to the US?
    I'm American and I say Capitalism
    18.48%
    I'm American and I say Democracy
    30.43%
    I'm not American and I say Capitalism
    33.70%
    I'm not American and I say Democracy
    17.39%

but what is capitalism without democracy? Neo Nacizm...

Corporate republic

Star wars...
    Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
    GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

I'm an American and I'd say democracy. And if we have that, we'll continue to choose capitalism

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Until the revolution comes... and then we spare no one!
        Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

<--- american. it depends who you ask really. i believe that democracy is really important to all americans, but many of them prefer economic freedoms.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think the average American (or Westerner for that matter) prefer their material goods to the right to vote).

Comment

I think you're wrong.

By the way, what's up with the "I'm an American and I say capitalism" votes, but no posts to that effect. I think that's a tad fishy.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

But without the right to vote who knows what dark things might happen... I might get even less student loan money! But hang on, I get even less student loan money with the right to vote... I vote money!

Comment

I misunderstood the question before I voted...

I think most Americans assume capitalism and democracy go hand in hand, although they really don't. It's possible to be a liberal despot... unlikely, but possible.
                  Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

As an American, I'll happily take Democracy, thank you very much. In fact, I long for the day in which we break the chains of capitalism.
                    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Democracy is by far superior. Capitalist dicatorships combine corruption with oppression; democratic states combine the ruthless efficiency of capitalism with the people's ability to ensure they benefit. Or some such.

Oh, and I really don't trust those numbers.

Comment

Capitalism, because capitalism is freedom, while democracy can lead to unfree policies and such.
                        Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                        Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

For the US, Capitalism. For the American people (and all of the world for that matter) it would be democracy, but over there money rules not popular will. And money recreates new popular will. It's fun.

Comment

david floyd,

dictatorships are capitalistic too

Comment

dictatorships are capitalistic too
                              No they aren't - I'm talking about laissez-faire when I say capitalism. If you can name a laissez-faire dictatorship I'd be interested in emigrating there.
                              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X