No announcement yet.

Where are the people of my age group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know what you mean Provost; at 27, I notice that the middle to late 20 year old range of people have seemed to disappeared.

I think we are all working, and then staying home at night, because the 'grunt' work has now fallen to us, and with the baby-boomers starting to leave for that great party in the south... I mean Florida.

But also, I just don't know what percentage of the population comprises the 24-30 year old range, but it seems rather thin.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
      God, well aren't we all full of good advice
      Look me in the unblinking eye and tell me that we're not right.
      The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

I know you are right, but it is just when certain people are quite patronising with it.

And yeah paiktis, I have lots of application forms going off. Perhaps I am being too impatient, I mean, I am just fed up with being sat around, but believe me, I don't want to be sat around doing nothing but there is only so much I can do; as long as I keep applying for jobs.
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

As long as you are being aggressive about the job hunt, that is fine, PH.

Take a breather. Go for a run.

Comment

I have lots of application forms going off
            Define lots. If you haven't sent off more than 50, you aren't sending enough. I sent out around 200 applications off when I started looking for a job, out of that I got 20 solid leads, about 5 of which lead to job offers that I could accept.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I know you are right, but it is just when certain people are quite patronising with it.
              yes I know howyou feel, got a few uncles like that

And yeah paiktis, I have lots of application forms going off. Perhaps I am being too impatient, I mean, I am just fed up with being sat around, but believe me, I don't want to be sat around doing nothing but there is only so much I can do; as long as I keep applying for jobs.
              well for what is worth and as a consolation maybe I had 8 months looking for a good job after I finished the military service.

(some months of RELAX are perfectly OK after the army usually - but it lasted longer than I wanted)

PH, don't take this the wrong way but you are still YOUNG

Comment

I know, I know, and I suppose I have been job hunting for not much over two months, but I hate being idle like this, I feel irritable and that I need to be doing something. I am just feeling incredibly impatient and feel in limbo.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

get laid!
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

cute Biddy!!]

Fincance weeenie, need a smart guy who is a genralist?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

Define lots. If you haven't sent off more than 50, you aren't sending enough. I sent out around 200 applications off when I started looking for a job, out of that I got 20 solid leads, about 5 of which lead to job offers that I could accept.
                      intgeresteing insigjht...

Comment

• Originally posted by Boddington's
                        get laid!
                        Likewise, troll features
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul Hanson

I'm not sure it's relevant, but I think the third one is Erasmus.
                          Yes you are right. It is Erasmus but this is the EU student exchange program.

Every student in EU universities should use it. You get to study for like 6 months in a university of another country, get laid with different nationalities and drink all sorts of different drinks.

It strengthens our bonds as "europeans".

BUT to the point:
                          Provost, I remembered the name of the program I was talking to you about. It is called Leonardo da Vinci.

Comment

• Leonardo da Vinci is it? That will help me a bit more
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

• Yup, I had confused it with Comenius (which is I THINK about educational exchanges between teachers of the EU).

In any case I am certain the vocational training program my friend used is Leonardo da Vinci.

PH, also, somewhere in the site of the EU - europa.eu.int - there is a page about job finding all over Europe. Check it out if you feel like it. (don't know exactly where it is)

Also, don't forget that the EU frequently proclaims competitions for EU jobs (in Brussels, Luxembourg or Strasburg - and more rarely in other parts of the EU).

You can subscribe and have the application forms for these competitions send to you at home from the european commission office.

Comment

• Now that you mixed up 5 EU programms with each other, can you recommend a decent page where all those programms are listed in a decent - and reliable - way? I'm getting interested in all this

Comment

Working...
                                X