No announcement yet.

Where are the people of my age group?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Move to a yuppy neighborhood in London. You will have to live in a tiny shoobox of an apt, but at least you'll be in the action...

Oh, and I've found Hyde Park in the summer to be a good hangout. lots of secretaries, etc. having lunch there...

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
      Nightclubs (decent ones, not rock dives..)
      I can't stand 'townie' nightclubs, they are so boring and annoying.

Cinema
      Not a good place to talk though, is it?

Trendier (ie more expensive) pubs/bars
      Restaurants
      Yep, getting more and more middle aged...

Clubs and societies
      Like what?

Now Rich, how about you match this list to places you go...
      I acknowledge that most people my age are as boring as sin.
      Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Hey, I have nights like that one we had in Reading every weekend. Speak for yourself!
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Notice the word 'most' Mike, I wasn't referring to you. Probably because you aren't married off
          Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Go out and get yourself a girlfriend and be boring with her then.
            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
            We've got both kinds

Comment

The answer is simple...

GET OUT OF HULL!

It's a sh*thole, get a job somewhere - anywhere else, and move there.

Next thing you'll know you'll be surrounded by people of your age group...
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Perhaps, but I am trying to get out of Hull, but I need to have a job to be able to finance my move.

Have a guess MOBIUS at the grand total number of jobs I have applied for that are in Hull...
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

A catch 22 - can't your parents sub you till you get a job?

Don't you have your car anymore?
                  Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Oh I still have the car, and I am just living at home which is the only way my parents can afford to help. Just got to keep my fingers crossed in finding a job and then I will get the opportunity to get away.
                    Speaking of Erith:

Comment

People your age are at home ****GING!!!!
                      The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Are they now
                        Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Get a crap job somewhere. You don't need to wait for a super job.
                          We've got both kinds

Comment

Well I need something that can pay my way though...
                            Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Yeah but you can pay your way on a temp admin job, even in Reading and it's a lot cheaper up there. Looks a lot better on your CV as well.
                              Harder to job hunt with a job but if you want to move you can do it, just make it happen, don't wait for it.
                              We've got both kinds

Comment

And I'm not trying to imply it's easy but you are a clever guy, you can do it if you motivate yourself.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X