Fiera's 60s Thread Strikes Back. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperSneak
    That was one of them though, eh? Just not the last one?
    Penultimate.

Probably the "Do they know it's Christmas" schlock and a Wham! UK song then.
    Nuh. You were on the right track, now you've stepped off.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Jeez, you go away for a week's holiday and the only important thread on the forum sinks like the proverbial.

Okay, so no one cared which two records were the last to share the #1 spot on the British charts. I'll tell you anyway - "What Do You Want" (Adam Faith) and "What Do You Want To Make Those Eyes At Me For" (Emile Ford) on December 4, 1959. After the introduction of the Record Retailer/Music Week chart in March 1960 - considered the official chart - a joint #1 couldn't happen. For some unknown reason.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Chart technicalities never were your strong point- you still haven't been able to explain why Theme From Shaft reached #1 Pop but only #2 R&B in the US.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

• Oh, and the third conincidence linking Gerry & The Pacemakers and Frankie Goes To Hollywood was that the B-side of "Relax" - FGTH's first #1 - was G & TPs' "Ferry Across The Mersey".

Comment

Working...
          X