No announcement yet.

Fiera's 60s Thread Strikes Back. Again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was "From Me To You". Elephant stamp for Fiera.

No, "Please Please Me", their second single release, only made it to #2. Their first single release, "Love Me Do", only made it to #17. "Please Please Me" re-entered the charts in January '83 and made it to #29, and "Love Me Do" re-entered in October '82 and made it to #4.

It's also way past your bedtime!
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
      It was "From Me To You". Elephant stamp for Fiera.
      Bah, these questions were tailored for me. I always used to answer "The Beatles" in the first place, remember?

It's also way past your bedtime!
      I know, but blame it on the resurrection of the Sixties thread!
      "An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike"
      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

What's the highest charting Beatles reissue, then?
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

"She Loves You" spent two separate periods at #1 of the British charts in 1963, but that's not exactly what you're asking for, is it?

And it's past your bedtime as well.
          - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Strictly technically speaking, I suppose, the #1 CD compilation would have to qualify. Or, at least, the songs on it.

That aside - leaving aside Lennon's "Imagine", which went to #1 on re-issue, but wasn't the Beatles - I have no idea. According to my sources, which aren't all that current, it would be "Love Me Do" mentioned above.
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

More questions, more questions!

I'll throw some lyrics lines in before I finally go to bed, let's see if you remember these:

"I will float a silver solid moon through your window
              If your night is dark..."
              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Jeez, Fiera, where did you dredge that up from? Sounds psychodelic - or what passed for psychodelic in those days - so it's probably late-ish 60s. I'll get onto the case.

Comment

As psychodelic as it gets. And I thought you would find it too easy...

From the same song:

"All of these and seven wonders more will I find
                  When the wind is high..."
                  - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

I've got a lot of sources to wade through. Help me along a bit. British?

In the meantime, go to bed!

Comment

Yup, British, and the year is 1967.
                      - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Give me some American psychadelica and I'll give it a shot...

Comment

Hey. What about the most successful Beatles re-issue?

And do the Count 5 count (as it were) as American psychedelia? I think so. Gotta love the Count 5. They created their own genre - US Garage Psychedelia. Unless someone else beat them to it. But I can't imagine who.

Comment

I'm more into British rock myself, it's harder for me to come up with obscure American tunes, so here's an easy one for you:

"Where the trees have leaves of prisms
                            And break the light in colors
                            That no-one knows the names of"
                            - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Gotta love the Count 5. They created their own genre - US Garage Psychedelia. Unless someone else beat them to it. But I can't imagine who.
                              Perhaps the Shadows of Knight? Just a wild guess...
                              - Spiro T. Agnew

Comment

Hey. What about the most successful Beatles re-issue?
                                Free as a Bird, 1995.

Comment

Working...
                                X