Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could add one required course for all students what would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think a few classes on debate and religion would do everyone a world of good.

Comment

I think thinking quantitatively which is why I said physics

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Kitty, that sounds like an interesting course for you to take. But it makes no sense to add it for everybody.

Comment

No, I'm advocating a course that would ensure that only those with some degree of intelligence would actually stand any chance of passing. This would dramatically improve the quality of university graduates.
          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
          Stadtluft Macht Frei
          Killing it is the new killing it
          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

And you know I'm kidding, right?
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

tax returns, how to do them

Comment

I didn't have the impression that the question was asking about university students. He said a required course. Uni is not required.

Regardless, why advoacate such a course as Algebra 6? I mean people don't even have the prereqs for it.

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                  And you know I'm kidding, right?
                  or just acting like a typical physicist...

Comment

By the way, did you see the "discussion" paiktis and I had last night, starting at the bottom of this page?
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Sexual Interaction 101.

Comment

By the way, did you see the "discussion" paiktis and I had last night, starting at the bottom of this page?

Yes a very educative exchange of ideas

Comment

BTW, anyone interested can check out this site for some basic critical thinking info.
                          This stuff is really hard to teach with some kind of inherent bias...

Wraith
                          "There is a growing tendency to think of Man as a rational being, which is absurd. There is simply no evidence of any intelligence on the earth."
                          -- Marvin Martian

Comment

Seems like David Floydd and a couple of others have this political bias against any education on minority groups.

Besides, the requirement that I proposed is not exclusively African-American content -- it would be integrated as one of the more important aspects though, since African-Americans have been very important in our country's history.
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

--"Seems like David Floydd and a couple of others have this political bias against any education on minority groups."

More specifically, the PCization of it. Which was why I mentioned my cousin. Apparently the Incans and the Aztecs don't count as cultures to the multiculturalists.

My question, however, is why any history class should have a race-based focus of any kind? It should teach history. Don't teach "black history" unless you're talking about pre-colonization Africa or something. It doesn't make sense, you can't seperate out any one racial group from historical influences in recent history.

Wraith
                              Those who do not study history are condemned to repeat it - inaccurately

Comment

But that separation has occured for over a century before the 1960's, by teaching everything in the eyes of white, European-descent men.

Bleh -- how boring, inaccurate, and skewed.
                                A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Working...
                                X