Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most powerful and influential countries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no it isnt. Even when you add eastern Europes GDP to the EU, you fall short.

Comment

yes it is. no need to add anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
        Finland at number 10? It's only very small.

And it's UK not England. Damn, does no one ever get that right?
        Do the folks in England care? Or is it only the Scots? Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Originally posted by MrFun
          Maybe Cuba has ambitions to conquer the Carribean islands, and create a unified, Carribean empire.

Of course, the United States would put a stop to that.
          cough, cough
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka

Budget may be small.. but the quality of men is high. It's all on your mind, we're actually many times more than 5 million, don't buy that cia fact book crap!
            Plus, when you take the batteries away from high-tech armies, they're disabled .

And yes, we're filled with oil. We just hide it well and don't tell about it to the rest of the world, as we're ruling all without you knowing it.
            Well we have oil and coal. Shame we never mine any of the latter. There was a politician who said something like 'How, living in an island built on coal and surrounded by fish, can we have a coal and fishing crisis?'

Yeah, our military probably packs a lot of punch. Fairly large, yet high tech, with some of the best special units in the world. The Americans use us all the time for these I believe there is an expression amongst the Russian special services Spetznatz which reads 'We're not the SAS' And the SBS are supposed to be a lot better than the SAS too.

Don't mess
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Ned

Do the folks in England care? Or is it only the Scots? Ned
              I am English, but I still like the correct labelling of my country, or the parts of my country
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Apparently the UK is number 4 in overall economic terms. I would expect US, Japan and Germany are ahead.
                Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Yup, and next would be France, Russia is far down the list... though there are several listings

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

I am English, but I still like the correct labelling of my country, or the parts of my country
                    Calling the residents of your island English is like calling the residents of the late Roman Empire "Byzantines." However, there is no one left to defend the name of the Roman Empire.

BTW, no one in the U.S. says they are from the U.K. They say they are English, Scottish, Welsh, etc.

Ned
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• (Note: within each group, countries are given in alphabetic order)

Hyperpowers: USA

Superpowers: China, EU, Russia

Great Powers: France, Germany, India, Japan, UK

Other influential contries: Brazil, Canada, Cuba, Irak, Iran, Israel, Italy, N.Korea, S.Korea, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Turkey
                      Freedom is just unawareness of being manipulated.

Comment

• Those of you from the EU, do you think the EU should have its own armed forces and ban and independent command structure?

Ned

Comment

• I think that as a person with a doubtful amount of wisdom you should stop using the image of a wise-by-definition character as an avatar icon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
                            I think that as a person with a doubtful amount of wisdom you should stop using the image of a wise-by-definition character as an avatar icon.
                            Ecthelion, Why don't you have an avatar? Ned

On further thought, try making one from the emperor Hadrian.
                            Last edited by Ned; April 28, 2002, 16:46.

Comment

• Probably it's too late to post my opinion but here goes.

The most powerful nation on earth is Israel.

Israel has a superpower dancing at it's fingertips.

Israel has a direct communication link to God.

Israel has the power to plunge the world into world war.

My vote for the most powerful nation on earth is Isreal.
                              signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

• I'd say the pecking order is:
                                1) USA
                                2) Russia
                                3) China
                                4) the EU (no single nation in it wields "most powerful" influence)
                                5) India

Comment

Working...
                                X