Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the dumbest thing you've heard anybody say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of more:

asked of a Chinese TA in my stat 101 class: "How long did it take you to learn to speak American?"

Asked by my roomate, in all earnestness: "Who did we fight in the Revolutionary War?"

"What language do we speak?"

"WTF does that have to do with anything?"

Me, in response to a hot chick in her convertible at the drive through window at Wendy's, back in my high school days:

Her: "Are you working hard?"

Me: "No. Are you?"

Comment

When I was a kid, visiting Lake Tahoe, I had a brief - but memorable - conversation with another boy my age:

Him: where are you from?
      Me: Connecticut
      Him: what state is that in?

Ok, probably not THE dumbest thing ever, but people who lack the most basic geographical knowledge of their own country are one of my pet peeves.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

At a family dinner :

Me : "do you want some sauce ?"
        My grandfather : "No, don't have the time"
        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

DNA is information.

Comment

"Which came first, the chicken or the egg" is, to me, a stupid question.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
              At a family dinner :

Me : "do you want some sauce ?"
              My grandfather : "No, don't have the time"
              That makes sense.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Oh yeah... the second dumbest thing I ever heard anyone say was that they were going to go 'Bison Wrestling'.

How I heard that from what I later found out to be 'Basketball Training', I'll never know.

Comment

I get this one about once a week. People will call the office and ask for a specific person. It goes something like this.....

Caller: Hi, is Sue in?

Me: Yes but I'm sorry she's on the phone right now, can I take a message?

Caller: Do you know how long she's going to be talking?

Do you know how many times I've just really wanted to say WTF do I look like a mind reader to you? Maybe next time I should tell them yes she will be on the line for 2 minutes and 25 seconds would you like to call back then?
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

"Hello is this the 1800 helpline"

"Absolutely.....ill get help ; you wait here"

*i go back to watching the super bowl

Comment

Another dumb statement:

"Racism, homophobia, and sexism do NOT dehumanize the targeted groups of people."
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

I went to high school with this girl named Audrey. She was very attractive, but VERY stupid. Here are some of my favorite quotes:

"You mean Hitler was in World War II?"

"I'm 100% sure that Mexico is a state!"

The guys at school always used to say that Audrey was given a mouth for one reason, and that reason wasn't to talk.
                        "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Just look at my sig
                          God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

Another dumb statement I heard:

"English is the only language spoken in the United States, so why not make it the official language?"
                            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

In my international relations class there's this one poor dolt who is such a bleeding realist it makes me want to puke. Anyways, he consistantly says things like "Well, if Belgium tries to overrule us in the UN, we'll just invade and kill them all" and "You don't **** with the US or we'll nuke you, it's just that simple" etc.

That isn't a realist, that's just dumb

--

Being President of the Association for International Relations at Rutgers, I have this one woman who is really dumb.

In our Russia debate she said, "If Russia discovers oil in Siberia then they won't need to fight in Chechnya"

In our North Korea debate: "Why don't we just make them trade?"

My g/f knows this guy in her law school. He thought Washington DC was in Delaware (Maryland anyone?), and that the Ivy League included NYU, Duke, and Stanford, but not Dartmouth, UPenn, Brown, etc.

And there was this one woman in our Causes of War class who thought Hitler and the Holocaust was WW1 and WW2 was when Israel was fighting the Arabs and the Russians came into the war (WHAT?!) and we fought the Russians... so dumb...make my brain hurt.
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

"More and more of our exports are coming from abroad" - GWB

See my sig for two more pretty dumb ones, but I didn't technically *hear* either.
                                Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                                "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                                X