How long have you been here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are one disturbed individual..with A CUTE DAUGHTER
    The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Since the beginning. That makes... Jesus Christ... 3 and a half years.

Well, at least I can thank this place for my sense of humor. This place, and Britcoms, and my lack of good taste, and my general Stefuness.
      "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
      "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

As far as you know Feb. of 2002.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I've been here since Stefu encouraged me to show up.

of course I haven't had perfect attendance lately.

(nice TMBG line stefy)
          Be the bid!

Comment

3 years--4 months lurking and 32 months posting. I've had a few absences spanning several months, though, so really it's more like 4 months lurking and 20 months posting.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Since the Ultimate Civilization Site was by itself many years ago. Then i left for a long time, and found Apolyton after Ultimate Civ2 Site and First Greek Civ 2 site had merged, in late 1998, probably november or december. Started posting a little after that, maybe late december, early jan. of 99.
              -connorkimbro
              "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I've been here too damn long.
                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Yes, I have been here over two years, squandering my life and my time away...
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

How long have you been here
                    Since 6:30.
                    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                    Stadtluft Macht Frei
                    Killing it is the new killing it
                    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

I've been registered here for about 2 years, but first found Poly back when it first merged w/ Ultimate Civ Site. Wow, I must've been in middle school
                      A proud citizen of the only convicted terrorist harboring nation!

.13 posts per day, and proud of it!

Comment

Reigstered 6 months ago, but was dowloading from Apolyton for at least a couple of years before that. Had no time for posting before - Civ 2 was too good!
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Re: How long have you been here

Originally posted by Blackwidow24
                          My GOODNESS I made my handle when I was 24...geesh I have been here for almost 3 years...
                          I feel old and still so unappreciated
                          *counts fingers*
                          summer 2000 was too years ago, ...and/so you're not that old.
                          I kinda liked that Apolyton Coffee Shop thinky, it was funny
                          maybe you should start it again?

I, personally myself:
                          first played Civ: january 1993
                          first game to Apolyton:spring1999(damn!can't rememberthe date)
                          first lurked Apolyton Forums: 26.8.1999
                          registered to Apolyton Forums: 23.12.1999
                          been here since (well, there were allmost a year long
                          break in 2000, but anyway)
                          My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I've been an OT regular since.... Spring '00.
                            "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                            -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                              I've been a part of the Civ-scene for a long time since I got associated with that damned SidGames site and came here a year or two after I began work at SidGames. So many people I've known for longer since my regdate implies.
                              How many years does that make? You're only 18 now. Have you been doing this stuff since you were 12? What did you do for Sid Games when you were that young?
                              "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist
                                How many years does that make? You're only 18 now. Have you been doing this stuff since you were 12? What did you do for Sid Games when you were that young?
                                I've been on the internet since 1991. Way before there was cutesy graphical web browsers and all that.

On SidGames I did lots of design work (HTML), did scripting/forum coding (ColdFusion), and some database work (MySQL). Then I managed the hardware review section that we started off, got some free video cards and MP3 players from companies so I could review them. I also later became an Off-Topic moderator to try to sedate the site admin who went a little too far most of the time. And I also did Civ3 content.
                                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
                                X