Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The EU's position on the ME conflict is anti-Israel/antisemitic ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hitler had the same problem as Arafat. He believed he had the legal and moral right to wage aggressive war to acquire land for Germany. This is not crazy - is it what the Germans did in the 400's to take the Roman Empire.

Killing the jews is another policy Hitler had in common with Arafat.

Yet Arafat is praised and Hitler condemned?

Ned
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Hitler did it on a totally different basis than Arafat would, plus the latter is not even a blunt murderer

Last evening I attended some presentaiton about Israel, that, alas turned into a debate between several attendees after half the time. Though it was pretty interesting. It was given by the chairman of the German-Palestinian organisation, so the Israeli posters would immediately condemn any of his points as "palestinian biased and therefore automatically lies *add more racist bs here*". The most interesting points raised were about the settlements, about win-win peace agreements 2 weeks before Scharon was elected, how he got elected, as for why the UN is so weak in this situation and so on. I think I'm going to get a bit deeper into this, but this would also require more communicaion with the Israeli side.

Comment

• Ecthelion, WWII started when Hitler invaded Poland to restore German sovereignity over land taken from Germany at the end of WWI. It spun out of control from that point.

In my view, there is nothing of material difference between Arafat and Hitler on this point.

Ned
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Ned
          Ecthelion, WWII started when Hitler invaded Poland to restore German sovereignity over land taken from Germany at the end of WWI. It spun out of control from that point.

In my view, there is nothing of material difference between Arafat and Hitler on this point.

Ned
          Well, Hitler was prompted by Henry Ford and some other idealists...
          Arafat has some different idealists...

Comment

• Such as Isa Ben Yussuf and other regional extremists.

Comment

Working...
            X