Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you prepared to die for your country?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd like to think I'd sacrifice myself to protect my way of life; but this isn't neccesarily the same as dying for my country. I believe that ideals are more important to protect than the country you were born in - of course the two often coincide, making dying for one like dying for the other.

People that are willing to die for their country without question are no doubt brave, it just strikes me as wrong to do it for no other reason other than the fact that it is the land of your birth. I don't think any of us can imagine sacrificing ourselves to save Saddam's regime had we been born in Iraq.
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

• Because of my technical skills, I'd probably be better in communications than infantry. I would probably join the Air Force (I have a pilot's license). I have always wanted to fly a jet. One of my friends from high school joined the Air National Guard. He gets to fly F-16's. I might go see him during the summer when I'm on break.

The military is great for a reason. Whatever skills you have, they put you in a field where you can do the most good. If you are an idiot, they put you in infantry and teach you how to rush into a hot zone. If you have good strategic skills and are physically adept, they put you in special forces. If you are a sociopath, they put you in intellegence. If you are good at computers, they put you in communications, etc, etc, etc.

GP, the military uses video games to train their soldiers.

Comment

• Originally posted by our_man
        I don't think any of us can imagine sacrificing ourselves to save Saddam's regime had we been born in Iraq.

Of course you can't imagine this, because you was not born in Iraq. I can asure you that people who were born in Iraq and live there now, think otherwise.

The personality of human is formed by culture, tradition, values, religion, the way of life etc. of country where this men was born and where this men spent his life.
        If you are not ready to fight against people who want to destroy those things and if you are not ready to die during this fight, then you are betrayer of your nation. All is very simple.

Comment

• I don't honestly believe that a large amount of Iraqis will be willing to die to defend Saddam's regime. If I'm wrong however, the U.S. could be in for one hell of a fight when (if) it does attack Iraq.
          STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
            The military is great for a reason. Whatever skills you have, they put you in a field where you can do the most good. If you are an idiot, they put you in infantry and teach you how to rush into a hot zone. If you have good strategic skills and are physically adept, they put you in special forces. If you are a sociopath, they put you in intellegence. If you are good at computers, they put you in communications, etc, etc, etc.

GP, the military uses video games to train their soldiers.
            I wish to you a good luck in ifantry service.

Comment

• Originally posted by our_man
              I don't honestly believe that a large amount of Iraqis will be willing to die to defend Saddam's regime.
              I can asure you they will. And mostly they will fight not for Saddam, but for their country, for their values. For them Americans are devils and an American way of life is the devil's way of life. And they will defend their country against agression, I am sure about this.

If I'm wrong however, the U.S. could be in for one hell of a fight when (if) it does attack Iraq.
              You may bomb it as long as you wish, they can do nothing to stop you. However, when you'll decide to conquer it, you'll find that Iraq's people will not accept your soldiers with open arms as liberators, they will treat you as agressors. And they will fight for freedom of their country, like Vietnamese done when USA invaded Vietnam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serb

I can asure you they will. And mostly they will fight not for Saddam, but for their country, for their values. For them Americans are devils and an American way of life is the devil's way of life. And they will defend their country against agression, I am sure about this.
                See children... propaganda does work.

Serb, have you even been to America?

Comment

See children... propaganda does work.
                  Propaganda always works.
                  Serb, have you even been to America?
                  No, so what?

Comment

Propaganda always works.

No, so what?
                    So basically, everything you know about America is what you read/view/hear from mass media. That speaks volumes about your credibility.

Comment

So basically, everything you know about America is what you read/view/hear from mass media. That speaks volumes about your credibility.
                      First-
                      Who talks about America here? We've talked about Iraq.

Second-
                      Most of the people who posted here never were in my country, however they think that they know much more about our history then we are.

Comment

A-m-e-r-i-c-a spells America right?

I have cousins in Moscow... I assume you live in Russia, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by markusf

What about the people who droped the a-bomb in japan,
                          shouldn't they be tried for crimes against humanity? Or people behind US foriegn policy that kills millions?

Oh jeezus. What a ****forbrains statement.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• Originally posted by SlowwHand

Oh jeezus. What a ****forbrains statement.
                            heheh we can agree on some things Slowwhand...

Comment

• Shame on you cowards.
                              Cannon-fodder
                              Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                              "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

• April 9, 1942, the infamous "Death March" 6 days, 90 miles, began at the Mariveles terminating at Camp O'Donnell and later moved to Camp Cabanatuan.

According to Japanese Plans these P.O.W's were to be moved by foot, carrying their own rations to the border of Bataan and Pampango.

The main stage of the Death March was set at Mariveles, at the southern tip of Bataan Peninsula.

Troops started to march in a long column on a dusty road without food and water.
                                For many of the Bloody, frail men, this was the last march.

One man fell from exhaustion and was then flatten by a tank, as all the other troops witnessed this horrible action, other soldiers were hit by Japanese trucks passing by.

The P.O.W's were forced to stand next to a fresh stream but weren't allowed to drink from it, even though they were exhausted and dehydrated , after a while one soldier could not take it any more, he ran to the stream and fell in, face first, to drink. Immediately one of the Japanese guards ran over, pulled his sword out and cut his head off..

A great many men reached the end of their endurance. The dropouts became numerous. They fell on the roadside, some making no effort to rise. Groaning and weeping, some succeeded while others fell back helplessly.
                                As the march continued, the diseased, starving men staggered up the dusty road, prodded by the Japanese guards to keep moving. As one soldier was dying, he cried for water. He died on the dusty road. The heat of the day was so intense that they were half crazy from thirst. They arrived at a small stream that was contaminated with filthy water, a bloated corpse filled with maggots, this filthy stream the P.O.W's were allowed to drink from , as the Japanese guards laughed at them.

Death March ended after 6 days, where the P.O.W's boarded a train to the Death Camp.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                                X