Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Homosexual Couples Shouldn't Have Children (or, Only In America)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Homosexual Couples Shouldn't Have Children (or, Only In America)

A lesbian couple in the US have provoked strong criticism by deliberately choosing to have a deaf baby.

Sharon Duchesneau and Candy McCullough, who have both been deaf since birth, were turned down by a series of sperm banks they approached looking for a donor suffering from congenital deafness.

The couple, who have been together for eight years, then approached a family friend who was totally deaf, and had five generations of deafness in his family.

He donated sperm which was used to impregnate Sharon Duchesneau.

Baby Gauvin McCullough is now four-months-old, and has a slight amount of hearing in one ear
    www.my-piano.blogspot

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

They should be imprisoned.
    www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

"They should be imprisoned."

Why?
      "A witty saying proves nothing."
      - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Originally posted by -=Vagrant=-

Why?
        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by -=Vagrant=-

Why?
          For bringing a baby into the world at a deliberate disadvantage. This is just atrocious. It's like cutting off your baby's arm as soon as it's born or blinding it. Just ridiculous and sick. This just shows you what gay parents get up to, appaling

Comment

bod , you need to go retake reading 1 again.
            this has nothing to do with their sexuality.
            its because they are both DEAF also.
            "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's

And that is your final word on this matter?
              - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Originally posted by SociableMartian

For bringing a baby into the world at a deliberate disadvantage. This is just atrocious. It's like cutting off your baby's arm as soon as it's born or blinding it. Just ridiculous and sick. This just shows you what gay parents get up to, appaling.
                Actually it's not like that. And, there are heterosexual couples who wan't to have a deaf child. But let's pretend they are all gay.
                Last edited by -=Vagrant=-; April 8, 2002, 10:07.
                - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

For bringing a baby into the world at a deliberate disadvantage.
                  Coloured people in the western world shouldn't get children either, that's the same thing. Being coloured is a disadvantage and those people actually wants their kids to look like themselves.

Comment

Pah, it's not the same, they basically selected this baby just to be deaf!!! Don't know why people are worried about genetic engineering making designer babies, it's already happening right under our noses. And for this reason

The hetrosexual couples have no choice having a deaf child because of their genetics. They don't selectively abort until they get a guaranteed deaf child. Black couples don't have a choice either, and they're at much less of a disadvantage than a deaf person anyway. I seem to remember a couple who refused surgery on their child (which could have restored hearing), I was against that too. This is just the same, people like this don't deserve kids.

Comment

This is just the same, people like this don't deserve kids.
                      People like this will, with great propability, give that child a good childhood full of love and care. That is a bad thing? I've seen enough of "normal" healthy children growing in disease, poverty and pain. Why is it such a bad thing to give birth to a child with a good chance for happy life?
                      - Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

How do you think the child will feel when it's told it was deliberately selected to be deaf? It's like telling a blind person 'your parents had your eyes removed at birth' or something. Don't you think they will blame all the problems that might come out of their disability, all the advantages of hearing that they may long for and will never have? Remember they live a more limited and dangerous life without an important sense. You can't say that being able to hear speech, listen to music, and generally hear the world around you is not worth it. Also, you can't say they couldn't give a child with hearing just as full a life. Deaf parents have children with perfect hearing all the time. I'd love to know what their reason for having a deaf child is. To perpertuate 'deaf culture' perhaps??

Comment

I'd love to know what their reason for having a deaf child is. To perpertuate 'deaf culture' perhaps??
                          Thats exactly the reason why. Many deaf people dont see being deaf as a disability, and in todays politically correct society anything that has the word "culture" attached to it will be fawned over by dewy-eyed liberals.

Intentionally having a child that is deaf, or refusing a deaf chiild the chance to hear is child abuse IMO.
                          Last edited by Caligastia; April 8, 2002, 10:38.
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                            Thats exactly the reason why. Many deaf people dont see being deaf as a disability, and in todays politically correct society anything that has the word "culture" attached to it will be fawned over by dewy-eyed liberals.

Intentionally having a child that is deaf, or refusing a deaf chiild the chance to hear is child abuse IMO.
                            I wonder how many people who went deaf say at age 20 would insist on having a deaf child. Deaf from birth people are not fit to decide a child's sensory capabilities like this because they don't know what hearing is like. I agree with you on the child abuse part, a parent's responsibility is to give their child as happy a future and as much potential as possible. It's time they started making laws to stop this crap, and cut out the PC bull****.

Comment

I wonder how many people who went deaf say at age 20 would insist on having a deaf child. Deaf from birth people are not fit to decide a child's sensory capabilities like this because they don't know what hearing is like.
                              Thats exactly right.

You wouldnt think anyone who can hear would support these woman who want their child to be deaf, but amazingly there are people who do.
                              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                              X