No announcement yet.

Soviet Union's Possible Success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By why shouldn't the West have hated the Soviet Union? Their ideology called for the overthrow of all of our governments.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't part of the communist ideology require that ALL people have the same level of quality of life.

If I am right on this -- then all the upper-class leaders and rulers of the Soviet Union needed to live the same quality of life that their working class were living in. Or vice versa -- all people in the working class needed to live the same quality of life that the rulers lived.

In this aspect then, communism would have failed even in a more peaceful world.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

SU was a mess. The "We pretend to work, they pretend to pay us" just doesnt work.

Communism is so stupid. Glad I live in the west and never had to put up with that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
          You can argue about what would happen, but my point was:

If the USSR were more open with the west would have been likewsie. This would have enabled the sharing of technology both ways. I can't think of anything that the west would gain that it wouldn't already have, but the USSR could get cleaner and more efficient manufacturing practices, more efficient engines, and the like.

Steele
          Very interesting.
          May be forget who started the Cold war? Was it SU or it was the West? It was you who start iot so don't blame us in this.

You have very interisting info about ecology, considering that I was on Baikal few years ago and saw it with my own eyes. There is no nothing, even a close like ecologists of all kinds are screaming about. It's very clean and one of the most beautyfull places I ever been. And I dont remember things you said about Siberian forests, it's strange because I'm living in Siberia. I'm understand that it is pretty big place, but... when it happen?

Comment

Originally posted by steelehc
            I can't think of anything that the west would gain that it wouldn't already have, but the USSR could get cleaner and more efficient manufacturing practices, more efficient engines, and the like.

Steele
            Oh common,
            you are so superior, we are so backward. I know this song and heard it many times. And from you too btw,
            If it's true why your CIA always tried and trying now to steal some of our advances.

Comment

Serb... one thing most people agree on is the the USSR raped the land.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                Serb... one thing most people agree on is the the USSR raped the land.
                I suppose in absolutely different manner, in different way like Western corporations do so.
                And you talking about ecology here!!!
                You defenders of nature. You Americans- who don't want to sign a Kyoto agreements to reduce global warming.

Comment

Imran,

But the Soviet Union had so much land that it's value was correspondingly lower.

So surely it made sense for them to 'rape the land' more than the west did.
                  19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

el freako... yeah, I agree. But they didn't have to go to such lengths. I mean, the pollution in the West is bad... but in no way comes even close to what the USSR did. It is just staggering... and Chernobyl is just the beginning of it.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Still take points from one of our biggest tragedies. Good for you, go on.
                      Do you realy think that your Nuclear plants will not share the fate of chernobyl somday?
                      Do you think you are protected from such kind of tragedy? Do you think your plants never have breakdowns?

Comment

Originally posted by Serb

Very interesting.
                        May be forget who started the Cold war? Was it SU or it was the West? It was you who start iot so don't blame us in this.

You have very interisting info about ecology, considering that I was on Baikal few years ago and saw it with my own eyes. There is no nothing, even a close like ecologists of all kinds are screaming about. It's very clean and one of the most beautyfull places I ever been. And I dont remember things you said about Siberian forests, it's strange because I'm living in Siberia. I'm understand that it is pretty big place, but... when it happen?

wrongo. you started it when you refused to leave eastern europe, and instead decided to enslave them. Then the berlin blockade? I guess your going to say we deserved it or somthing?

Comment

add to that the support you gave to the greek communist's attempting to overthrow a western democracy. So after all...look who started the cold war?

Comment

WTF?
                            I always though that the Churchill's Fullton speach is considering as the beggining of Cold war.

Comment

Do you realy think that your Nuclear plants will not share the fate of chernobyl somday?
                              Do you think you are protected from such kind of tragedy? Do you think your plants never have breakdowns?

No, they probably won't. Because we tend to take care of them better than the USSR did. Meltdowns can be prevented with care... and the USSR didn't provide any.

That is my last comment to the nationalistic Russian who seemingly knows nothing but government propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Sceptor107

wrongo. you started it when you refused to leave eastern europe, and instead decided to enslave them. Then the berlin blockade? I guess your going to say we deserved it or somthing?
                                Oh....
                                I suppose after Nazi killed 27 millions of Soviet people and destroeyd the most industrialized part of our territory, we should just leave from Europe and let Americans and Brits to took all benefits from OUR victory. Right!!! Why Stalin didn't do so? What a stupid Stalin!!!! He should trust to the west (who burden his country) instead of afraid that someday west could make another attempt to conquer SU.

You said that we are enslaved Eastern Europe, do you have ANY fècking idea what was nazi plans for us, citizens of Russia?
                                DEATH. Wipe out of population of whole country.
                                Now you are rewriting history, tommorow you will be blame us for what we destroyed nazi and saved our lives and lives of millons of people from other nations.
                                Thanks for your gruttitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X