20 Years Since the Falklands Victory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 20 Years Since the Falklands Victory

It has been 20 years since the glorious armed forces of the United Kingdom smashed the evil Argentinean occupiers on and around the Falkland Islands.

The Brave British forces sailed eight thousand miles to rescue the newly enslaved people of the Falklands who cried out to be to their mother country to be freed from the clutches of the neo-fascist forces of Buenos Aires.

The answer was immediate and sure, "Worry not, we are coming".

Showing the dash and bravery rightly attributed to them the elite forces of Britain swept the incompetent third world forces aside.

Victory was sure and justice secured.

A cynic might say that it was a sordid piece of colonial sabre-rattling that almost turned out very embarrassing for us Brits and our Exocet-vulnerable ships.
    The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

There was no contest.

It takes more then a bunch of oily Mustachios to beat HM forces.

Comment

Robin Hood, do the DL dance!

In case you're not, I'm happy when the IRA bombs you.
        Cheers mate.

Comment

Yea sure, it takes more than a bunch of greasy dagos to defeat our fine armed forces, who were sent without adequate air cover, supplies and were really only there to ensure election victory for Maggie.
          "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Comment

Britain has a fine tradition of sail the seas and beating the Cr*p out of some of the worlds more inferior peoples (the Germans for instance). So it should be no suprise to anyone when a disorganised rable of beige savages gets their asses kicked.
              You will not see them come back in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by paiktis22
                Robin Hood, do the DL dance!

In case you're not, I'm happy when the IRA bombs you.
                Cheers mate.
                You are Greek, am I right.

Like those marbles I saw in one of our fine Museums the other day. Now what are they called again.

Comment

Yeah, the Brits lost a destroyer to a couple of Exocet Carrying Super Etendard Fighters. It was more of an embarassment.
                  For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Congradulations on very nearly getting your arses handed to you by the Argintinians!

Ahhh...if only the wind was with the 25 de Mayo that fair day...
                    Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                      Yeah, the Brits lost a destroyer to a couple of Exocet Carrying Super Etendard Fighters. It was more of an embarassment.
                      Being an Argy yourself I naturally hesitate to challenge your expertise in embarrassment.

Though I feel that it is my patriotic duty to point out the bravery of our forces and the sheer inferiority of yours from top to bottom.

I don't want to have to embarrass you by pointing out how 25 sea harriers defeated your whole airforce and how your ground troops most dangerous weapon was what they carried around in their pants.

We have fought people with spear who showed more strategic thinking and courage.

What was that song again "Don`t cry for me Argentina....."

Comment

A picture of the Super Etendard:

The Brits lost a destroyer to that?
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar
                          Congradulations on very nearly getting your arses handed to you by the Argintinians!

Ahhh...if only the wind was with the 25 de Mayo that fair day...
                          I don't think we need take any criticism from a country who spends most of its time getting embarrassed by third world guerrilla forces.

Shall we go through the list?

Comment

Originally posted by Robin Hood

Being an Argy yourself I naturally hesitate to challenge your expertise in embarrassment.
                            I am Spanish. I should be more pissed off at the Brits for stealing that little piece of rock... what was it called again... oh yes, Gibraltar. You brits steal everything!

Though I feel that it is my patriotic duty to point out the bravery of our forces and the sheer inferiority of yours from top to bottom.
                            Again I am not Argentine.

I don't want to have to embarrass you by pointing out how 25 sea harriers defeated your whole airforce and how your ground troops most dangerous weapon was what they carried around in their pants.
                            Even though I am not Argentine, your airforce hads it ass kicked royally. It was just the so few aircraft the Argentines actually had.

We have fought people with spear who showed more strategic thinking and courage.

What was that song again "Don`t cry for me Argentina....."
                            The Argentine Airforce kicked your ass. The Same what Spain would do if you don't give us our damn Gibraltar back!

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                              A picture of the Super Etendard:

The Brits lost a destroyer to that?
                              What was that ship called Belgra oh what was the name.

Comment

Working...
                              X