Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wraith
    --"Electromagnetic cannon? Another Star Wars thing?"
    We also have Electromagnetic pulse cannon under testing. There is one about 40 miles from my home. One problem with it. It need one or more 18 wheeler to move it. It draw more energy than a small city to fire. Someday however it will be smaller and a usfull weapon.

Comment

--"One problem with it. It need one or more 18 wheeler to move it."

I hope that's one of the naval project large-bore variants, then. There are much smaller ones around, and they don't need to be huge to be usefull (20mm or so is large enough for a tank gun with these).

They do eat a lot of power (multiple MJoules per shot), but there are also storage projects working along with them.
      The UT at Austin page here has some overview info on the project. Apparently their old project was cancelled, and they're now working on a large-bore version, and already have a 40 MJ compulsator capable of providing power for 15 shots without recharging.

Wraith
      "All power corrupts, but we need the electricity"
      -- D.W. Jones

Comment

The M1a2,
        I drove one for a short while in the army. Man if you only knew what those things are made of and what they can do. They now have the M1a3 out in the field. Would love to see the new ones!
        Support My ride in the fight to beat MS
        here

Comment

Again... I stand by my mind that the Ariete C1 (one of the newest tanks in the world is the best). One of the heaviest armored, nicest, and most innovative design I have ever seen:

Here it is:
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

looks very similar to the m1 series, what are the specs of the tank?
            Support My ride in the fight to beat MS
            here

Comment

Working...
            X