Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the richest of all (regular) Apolyton posters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ming
    Gee... is that the best you can do... the house we built is 5900 square feet
    *and I will probably still be paying for it until the day I die*

You are forgetting that this is the hugely popular resort known as 'Mingapulco' right.
    Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
    Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

i will be in a few years. hehehe
      -connorkimbro
      "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

I wouldn't say this unless there was a thread that asks, so I will say. I'm very rich, and I'm not going to act like I'm not. People who say they are "upper middle class" when they earn $200,000+ a year bug me.

OK, skip the middle if you don't feel like reading my random ramblings.

I go to a school where the vast majority of kids are like
        "What's your dad's job?"
        "He runs MCI Worldcom" (Yes, that is actually true)
        "My dad doesn't work. The interest from his bank account is enough." (This is also true of some people)
        etc.
        Its fun making fun of people who are really rich. Whenever they tell you a story, you can ask
        "Was this when you were staying in the Plaza, or was it in one of your houses in France, or your castle in England?"
        "It was in France"
        "The villa in marsielles? Or the chateau?"
        Its so much fun. The way he ges really indignant about being rich.

I suppose I don't look too rich because I have a physically and mentally handicapped sister, and it takes a lot to pay for her education and medical bills, so I never look too rich.

I don't like people who get kind of bitter about rich people. Its annoying. Money doesn't interest me. I know I'll earn more than I will need when I grow up pretty easily (I never will bother to get cable or satellite TV, or one of those big stereo systems.) A computer, telephone, TV, and radio is all I will ever need to entertain myself. Some people, I think, say that they live simply but don't. That bugs me too.

Anyway, I voted mtg
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I guess for me, money is not a fetish like it is for some other people on Apolyton.

I have career plans to become a professor and teach undergraduate college students U.S. history. Will I be underpaid? You betcha. Will I enjoy doing what I do? Of course.
          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

your parents being rich doesn't count as YOU being rich.
            -connorkimbro
            "We're losing the war on AIDS. And drugs. And poverty. And terror. But we sure took it to those Nazis. Man, those were the days."

-theonion.com

Comment

Originally posted by FireDragon
              I wouldn't say this unless there was a thread that asks, so I will say. I'm very rich, and I'm not going to act like I'm not. People who say they are "upper middle class" when they earn $200,000+ a year bug me.

OK, skip the middle if you don't feel like reading my random ramblings.

I go to a school where the vast majority of kids are like
              "What's your dad's job?"
              "He runs MCI Worldcom" (Yes, that is actually true)
              "My dad doesn't work. The interest from his bank account is enough." (This is also true of some people)
              etc.
              Its fun making fun of people who are really rich. Whenever they tell you a story, you can ask
              "Was this when you were staying in the Plaza, or was it in one of your houses in France, or your castle in England?"
              "It was in France"
              "The villa in marsielles? Or the chateau?"
              Its so much fun. The way he ges really indignant about being rich.

I suppose I don't look too rich because I have a physically and mentally handicapped sister, and it takes a lot to pay for her education and medical bills, so I never look too rich.

I don't like people who get kind of bitter about rich people. Its annoying. Money doesn't interest me. I know I'll earn more than I will need when I grow up pretty easily (I never will bother to get cable or satellite TV, or one of those big stereo systems.) A computer, telephone, TV, and radio is all I will ever need to entertain myself. Some people, I think, say that they live simply but don't. That bugs me too.

Anyway, I voted mtg
              Yeah, I don't really believe this one
              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Conspiracy?

Isnt it Ironic that both of the Mod's are 'Wealthy'? So the Capitalist's continue to hold down the proleteriat ; even in some dark corner of the internet?

Oh ok. Serouisly. I dont make much. My girlfriend makes more than I do. Think in the upper 20k's. But I drive a good car! And have a good CPU!

well. The good part I guess is Im slowing moving up. Im only 28 anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                  Yeah, I don't really believe this one
                  It's not too hard to believe.

There's neighborhoods around here where the parents own or have owned their own oil companies and now own a fortune, and so do their kids, accordingly...
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Probably Lefty....
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

Originally posted by connorkimbro
                      your parents being rich doesn't count as YOU being rich.

That count's me out.

But wait, couldn't I put my expected inheritance... nah.
                      Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                      Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

I'm not rich. But I'm not poor. Lisa's (my girlfriend) father is a stockbroker, works for Merrill Lynch, and she has plenty of money. In fact, she pays the rent on our apartment. I make enough to live on, even without her, but with her, I'm the wealthiest man in the world.

Steele
                        If this were a movie, there'd be a tunnel or something near here for us to escape through.....

Comment

I'll be fabulously wealthy if I can manage to fleece a few more people on hyper-inflated automobiles this month.
                          Just sold a Hyundai Elantra that MSRP's at $13,800 for nearly $5000 more than that yesterday...ain't it grand?
                          Life and death is a grave matter;
                          all things pass quickly away.
                          Each of you must be completely alert;
                          never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSneak
                            I'll be fabulously wealthy if I can manage to fleece a few more people on hyper-inflated automobiles this month.
                            Just sold a Hyundai Elantra that MSRP's at $13,800 for nearly $5000 more than that yesterday...ain't it grand?

This is why I always buy cars privately.

When I was a lad, having the ambition to be rich was very uncool.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

OMG...Sneak's turning to the dark side...

Stay good, Sneak, stay good!
                              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Yeah...you've got to be an all day sucker to buy on a lot...unless you are hardcore and have all your facts and rebates and low interest rates lined up.

I agree...while it may be the habit of the poor to say the rich suck, I think it is somewhat true. Here's a little story to illustrate my point:
                                I went to what is now (but was only marginally so then) the pre-eminent college prep school in the state of Oregon. We were made up of about half super rich kids (Nike founder's kids, car dealers, surgeons, old money, magnates, etc.) and the other half suburban middle class (me and my friends). When we were all freshmen (9th grade) we didn't know the difference really. But when you go hang out at your new pal's house and his laundry room is bigger than your home, you start to see the divisions real quick.
                                The night of our "alchohol free" senior party, a bunch of us po' people hung out in a nearby park and drank some beers. We waited in the parking lot for the buses that would take us all to the group event. Up rolls a really nice chartered bus and off pile, to a man, every rich kid in our class, totally bombed and faced. One of the wealthy fathers had sponsored a kegger for the upper crusters. Three things stuck in my mind from that night: 1) if anyone was visibly intoxicated, they were to be immediately villified and sent home. Not one of these extremely drunk jerks got in trouble. The frustration of administrators who relied on hefty contributions from these guy's dads was very apparent. 2) The guys, loosened by the booze, heaped all sorts of derision and abuse on the poor kids standing there as they got off the bus. 3) If you had cash and donated it, your kid played sports. I spent an entire freshman baseball season on the bench, backing up the much lamer guy who's dad's produce company's sign happened to suddenly adorn our outfield fence. I was an all-state All Star the year before.

I have long been a believer that division in this country and in this world, runs along class lines, not racial ones. As long as we believe the bs that racism keeps us down and apart, the wealthy are safe.
                                Look at Enron and those scandalous *******s who soaked their workers and stockholders. My company was shut down as a result of some of that crap...bam...200 blue collar workers on the street.

I have no love for those who love money.
                                Life and death is a grave matter;
                                all things pass quickly away.
                                Each of you must be completely alert;
                                never neglectful, never indulgent.

Comment

Working...
                                X