X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10) What religion are you least attracted to? Hinduism
    11) What's your favorite song? Hold On, I'm Comin' by Sam and Dave
    12) What's your favourite album? Modern Lovers by The Modern Lovers
    13) What's your GPA? Er, I had 34 points on my IB, recalculate it yerself.
    14) Who is your best friend? Owing to my contstant moving around the world, I've lost every best friend I ever had.
    15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Vancouver
    16) What is your favorite smiley?
    17) How many girlfriends have you had? one or two- not a big relationship builder
    18) Do you think you're happy? Immensely.
    19) Why are you happy? Chemical reactions, probably. Most people around me and in my position are mildly-to-heavily depressed, but I'm just a complete optimist at all times
    20) Boxers or briefs? Briefs
    21) First CD you bought? "Classic" Dance music compilation
    22) What's your ideal job? World famous pop star *** musical guru. More realistically: Journalist.
    23) What is your favorite movie? Pulp Fiction
    24) Least favorite school subject? Maths
    25) Favorite philosopher: Kant, Popper, Foucault.
    26) Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
    27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? Giant dracula/liberace coat, except much gaudier.
    28) How did you find Apolyton? .owo.
    29) Favorite position? Recovery
    30) Favorite Sport to Watch? Football or Curling
    31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? Those that cover my own philosophical ideas
    32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? Vatican

New Q:

What's your favourite language?
    Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
    Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

1) Favorite Food: A really, really great cheeseburger
      2) Car I Drive: none (was a '97 Honda Accord before I moved overseas without it)
      3) Favorite TV Show: The Simpsons
      4) Favorite Alcohol: Bourbon and/or Tennessee Whiskey (e.g., Jack Daniels)
      5) High School: Maine East High, Park Ridge, Illinois
      6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? I'd have to understand the meaning of life; until then, I'm not going.
      7) Favorite Time of Day: The wee small hours of the morning
      8) Favorite Singer: Ella Fitzgerald
      9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? Haven't travelled enough to say
      10) What religion are you least attracted to? Evangelical Protestant Christianity
      11) What's your favorite song? Today? Frank Sinatra, "That's Life"
      12) What's your favourite album? Today? The beatles, "Abbey Road"
      13) What's your GPA? I honestly can't remember h.s.; my college didn't calculate them
      14) Who is your best friend? My oldest friend, a guy I've known for over 30 years
      15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Ireland
      17) How many girlfriends have you had? 5 or 6; I married the last one.
      18) Do you think you're happy? Not yet
      19) Why are you happy? n/a (see above)
      20) Boxers or briefs? Boxers
      21) First CD you bought? Ella Fitzgerald, "The Cole Porter Songbook"
      22) What's your ideal job? President of the United States
      23) What is your favorite movie? Casablanca
      24) Least favorite school subject? Science
      25) Favorite philosopher: Albert Camus
      26) Favorite Author: F. Scott Fitzgerald
      27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? The old, fat, Vegas-era Elvis
      28) How did you find Apolyton? Yahoo
      29) Favorite position? Cowgirl; I'm lazy
      30) Favorite Sport to Watch? Baseball live, but not on TV; American football on tv
      31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? History
      32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? Saudi Arabia
      33) What's your favorite language? Yiddish

NEW: Who's your hero?
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

1) Favorite Food: Burgers,tacos and rice
        2) Car I Drive: None
        3) Favorite TV Show: Exploring the Unknown with Michael Shermer
        4) Favorite Alcohol:Wine coolers
        5) High School: San Marcos High School
        6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? If I was happy, I wouldn't want to die
        7) Favorite Time of Day: Late at night
        8) Favorite Singer: Adia
        9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? Japan
        10) What religion are you least attracted to? All of them
        11) What's your favorite song? Gollum ll-the Bionic Vapor Boy
        12) What's your favourite album? California by Mr.Bungle
        13) What's your GPA? 2.95
        14) Who is your best friend? Crystal
        15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Japan
        17) How many girlfriends have you had? 1
        18) Do you think you're happy?Yeah
        19) Why are you happy? Philosophy is evolving well,got a gf...well fed
        20) Boxers or briefs? Depends
        21) First CD you bought? NIN
        22) What's your ideal job? Ideologist
        23) What is your favorite movie? LOTRs
        24) Least favorite school subject? PE
        25) Favorite philosopher: I like a bunch
        26) Favorite Author:George Orwell
        27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? Big Brother
        28) How did you find Apolyton?Crystal
        29) Favorite position? Curled up when cold; stretched out when hot.
        30) Favorite Sport to Watch? None
        31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? Philosophy
        32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? The Vatican
        33) What's your favorite language? English
        34)Who's your hero? My tow main one's now are James Randi and Richard Dawkins
        New: Who's your favorite scientist?

Comment

1) Favorite Food: Dover sole in vermouth sauce -- pretty amazing.
          2) Car I Drive: 1998 Ford Contour with stick shift
          3) Favorite TV Show: West Wing
          4) Favorite Alcohol: Dewars
          5) High School: James B. Conant HS, Hoffman Estates, Illinois
          6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? A true world community that agrees on just one thing. Or maybe shooting par for a round of golf.
          7) Favorite Time of Day: Dawn
          8) Favorite Singer: Robert Plant
          9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? So far, Switzerland
          10) What religion are you least attracted to? All
          11) What's your favorite song? (at the moment) Thin Lizzy, "Jailbreak"
          12) What's your favourite album? Gang of Four, "Entertainment"
          13) What's your GPA? It was good but it's irrelevant
          14) Who is your best friend? My spouse (pretty shocking, I know)
          15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Australia
          17) How many girlfriends have you had? Maybe a dozen
          18) Do you think you're happy? Not yet. "Pleased" is more descriptive...
          19) Why are you happy? (see above)
          20) Boxers or briefs? What, and spoil the surprise?
          21) First CD you bought? Alan Parsons Project, "I Robot." First vinyl LP wasYes, "Fragile" (unless you count Bill Cosby, "Wonderfulness" from when I was about ten...)
          22) What's your ideal job? Owner/operator of recording studio
          23) What is your favorite movie? Hmm, today I say, the first Star Wars (I usually say 2001)
          24) Least favorite school subject? Calculus
          25) Favorite philosopher: Nietsche
          26) Favorite Author: Philip K. ****
          27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? dunno...
          28) How did you find Apolyton? Ming/rah
          29) Favorite position? From behind, on surprise
          30) Favorite Sport to Watch? American football
          31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? Online communications theory
          32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? Wouldn't do it That's what games are for.
          33) What's your favorite language? American English
          34) Who's your hero? don't have one of those...

NEW: Do you prefer dogs or cats?
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

1) Favorite Food: Roasted wild boar
            2) Car I Drive: I don't have a car
            3) Favorite TV Show: Stargate
            4) Favorite Alcohol: any sweet cocktail
            5) High School: Linda-a-Velha Secondary School and Camilo Castelo Branco Secondary School (Carnaxide)
            6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? I'm going to die?
            7) Favorite Time of Day: When it's sunny
            8) Favorite Singer:
            9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? So far, Switzerland, but I'm sure I'm going to enjoy Brazil!
            10) What religion are you least attracted to? Any that accepts self-flagelation (or drinking cow's pee and eating its poo)
            11) What's your favorite song? "Take my breath away", from Berlin
            12) What's your favourite album? Smash, from The Offspring
            13) What's your GPA? How do I convert the portuguese ratings into american ones?
            14) Who is your best friend? You don't know him, so why do you ask?
            15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Brazil, Australia and the Seichelle Islands
            17) How many girlfriends have you had? Run-time error 000000001sd: Integer Overflow
            18) Do you think you're happy? Not really. I don't have enough dough to fulfill some life plans.
            19) Why are you happy? Err...
            21) First CD you bought? G.N.R. - The best of, (portuguese group)
            22) What's your ideal job? videogames developer
            23) What is your favorite movie? Tough one. Maybe Dumb & Dumber.
            24) Least favorite school subject? Philosophy. What a waste of time!
            25) Favorite philosopher: I wasn't really impressed by any of them, but maybe Descartes.
            26) Favorite Author: J. R. R. Tolkien
            27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? I wouldn't
            28) How did you find Apolyton? A friend of mine. I made him register recently, but he hardly posts anyway. His nickname is Itoi.
            29) Favorite position? Laid.
            30) Favorite Sport to Watch? Well, maybe football (soccer)
            31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? Computer graphics
            32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? What? Just one? Oh come on! There are good people everywhere! Nuking them would be disgusting!
            33) What's your favorite language? Well, Spanish is funny, English is easy, but I have to go for Standard Portuguese. We really have a beautiful language!
            34) Who's your hero? Pffff....
            35) Who's your favorite scientist? Probably Thomas Edison
            36) Do you prefer dogs or cats? Cats.

Edit- Question: How old were you when you where dumped for the first time?
            "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
            Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
            Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
            Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1

Comment

1) Favorite Food: My fiancee's herb-broiled chicken
              2) Car I Drive: Finacee's '90 Pontiac Bonneville
              3) Favorite TV Show: Simpsons, 24, West Wing
              4) Favorite Alcohol: Don't drink
              5) High School: Winston Churchill High School
              6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? Hell, I'm happy right now.
              7) Favorite Time of Day: Dinner
              8) Favorite Singer: Hmmmm... Mick Jagger or Bono.
              9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? Canada
              10) What religion are you least attracted to? All organized religions
              11) What's your favorite song? "Paint It Black" by the Rolling Stones
              12) What's your favourite album? Who's Next, The Who (at the moment)
              13) What's your GPA? Don't currently have one
              14) Who is your best friend? My finacee
              15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Europe
              17) How many girlfriends have you had? 5
              18) Do you think you're happy? Yup
              19) Why are you happy? Why wouldn't I be?
              21) First CD you bought? I honestly can't remember.
              22) What's your ideal job? Doctor
              23) What is your favorite movie? Life of Brian.
              24) Least favorite school subject? Philosophy.
              25) Favorite philosopher: Couldn't say.
              26) Favorite Author: George Orwell
              27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? Not gonna do it; wouldn't be prudent.
              28) How did you find Apolyton? Searched for a Civ site oh-so-long ago
              29) Favorite position? Laid. (Good answer Zealot!)
              30) Favorite Sport to Watch? On TV, football (barely). In person, hockey (by a country mile).
              31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? History
              32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? Stupid fat Belgian bastards.
              33) What's your favorite language? English?
              34) Who's your hero? Couldn't say.
              35) Who's your favorite scientist? Einstein.
              36) Do you prefer dogs or cats? Dogs, dogs, dogs, a hundred times, dogs!
              37) How old were you when you where dumped for the first time? 19. On New Year's Eve. Parrrrr-tay.
              38) Who's dumber? George W. Bush or Dan Quayle?
              "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
              "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

1) Favorite Food: Diehard Carnivore. If it’s meat, and not trying to crawl off the plate, I’m all over it.

2) Car I Drive: ’97 Ford Ranger, Hunter Green

3) Favorite TV Show: Only watch one hour of TV per week. Enterprise.

4) Favorite Alcohol: Don’t drink often, but when I do, I drink tequila or tequila based drinks.

5) High School: Cardinal Newman (Catholic HS)
                6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? I’ve already died once, and had everything in order/was happy then. That has not changed. I’ve had a good life, and if my number comes up tomorrow….I’m game.
                7) Favorite Time of Day: Three or so in the morning.
                8) Favorite Singer: Don’t know that I have one…I like so many different KINDS of music, I can’t really nail down any one answer to that question.

9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? Canada…close, friendly, beautiful.

10) What religion are you least attracted to? I pretty much chuckle at all of them for tripping all over themselves in an attempt to provide the “ONE ANSWER” to a question that has more than one answer.

11) What's your favorite song? Ohhh God I hate questions like this. Too many to name, but I’ll play along and just pick one of the many, many favorites, and the random pick would be “Long December” – Counting Crows

12) What's your favourite album?: GRR…more of “those” kinda questions. The one I’ve got in my truck this week is Jethro Tull, “Crest of a Knave.” Last week it was something by Talking Heads, and the week before that, Prodigy, so go figure…lol
                13) What's your GPA?Been out of school too long to care. When I was IN school, I was a confirmed hurdle skimmer and class cutter. Squeaked by, and focused on having fun.

14) Who is your best friend? Don’t have one. Had one…she died a number of years ago, and since then, I’ve collected a core “circle” of close friends, but no one confidant that I’d place clearly above the rest. Works well enough…

15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Saipan.

17) How many girlfriends have you had? Enough so that it’s getting tough to find women who don’t know each other…LOL

18) Do you think you're happy? Quite. I’ve said it more than once before. If I could have chosen objectively from a list of possible lives to live, THIS would be the life I would have chosen for myself. Even with the various ups and downs, I’ve had a hell of a good time, learned a lot, and accomplished every goal I’ve set for myself so far. At the risk of jinxing myself, I’d say “Bring it on.”

19) Why are you happy? See above

20) Boxers or briefs? Boxers Briefs. Have some boxers, but don’t wear them often enough to count.

21) First CD you bought? Good God..LOL..I have no idea. Whatever it is, my ex-wife has it now.

22) What's your ideal job? CEO of Velocigames, Inc.

23) What is your favorite movie? ACK! You’re KILLING me with this favorite crap! LOL…I dunno…too many to name…AT LEAST one per genre, but to put some kind of answer down here, I’ll say ‘Legends of the Fall’ cos it really was a cool one…

24) Least favorite school subject? Advanced math. I can balance my checkbook…that’s all I need to know…lol

25) Favorite philosopher: Taylor Scott

26) Favorite Author: Ummm….me? LOL

27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? I dunno….it’ll be hard to top last year’s costume (I dressed in drag).

28) How did you find Apolyton? Random web surfing when I first bought SMAC

29) Favorite position? One word. “Woof.”

30) Favorite Sport to Watch? Sports…Bah! Besides, only watching one hour of TV a weeks leaves little time to watch sports.

31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? I enjoy learning, period. If it’s not heavily mathmetized, I’m there!

32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? What? Just one? None. Don’t think it’d be necessary.

33) What's your favorite language? English, but that’s undoubted biased.

34) Who's your hero? My grandfather.

35) Who's your favorite scientist? Favorite scientist? I don’t have one. Never really gave the matter much thought.

36) Do you prefer dogs or cats? Cats.

37) How old were you when you where dumped for the first time? Fifteen.
                38) Who’s dumber, Dubya or Quayle? Quayle, hands down. Brushing up on his Latin for his visit to those Latin American Potatoe farms, preaching how bondage between mother and child is a good thing…oh yeah…he’s a gem…lol

-=Vel=-
                New Question: What do you fear? (My own answer to this one would be: Being alone….much as I like periods of solitude, I can’t bear the thought of spending all my days alone. It terrifies me).
                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

1) Favorite Food: CATFISH

2) Car I Drive: 98 Pontiac GRANDDAMAGE

3) Favorite TV Show: THE SIMPSONS

4) Favorite Alcohol: Uhhhh...don't have a favorite

5) High School: went to three, Lanier/Reagan and Graduated from Crockett

6) What would have to happen before you could die happy? my children would have to be grown and happy and healthy

7) Favorite Time of Day: 6:30 Pm daily!!!

8) Favorite Singer: Robert Smith

9) What is your favorite non-homeland country? Don't travel outside of the homeland so don't know

10) What religion are you least attracted to? No Comment

11) What's your favorite song? A thousand Hours by the Cure

12) What's your favourite album?: Kiss me Kiss me Kiss me

13) What's your GPA? don't remember

14) Who is your best friend? A girl I consider my sister.. we have been BF's for 16 years... her name is Gidget.

15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited? Costa Rica

16) What is your favorite smiley? The naughty one

17) How many girlfriends have you had? none now ask me how many girls I COULDA HAD!!!

18) Do you think you're happy? At times..

19) Why are you happy? Because I have 2 wonderful children that love me as flawed as I may be!

20) Boxers or briefs? Hee hee..welll...ummmm....neither

21) First CD you bought? How the hell am I suppose remember that?

22) What's your ideal job? that's hard to say..my ideal job would be a job that didn't require much work!!

23) What is your favorite movie? FOUR ROOMS I LOVED..I don't have a favorite but i also like Run Lola Run

24) Least favorite school subject? MATH

25) Favorite philosopher: never really cared

26) Favorite Author: Anne Rice

27) What would you like to dress into next

28) How did you find Apolyton? A fellow poster tuned me in

29) Favorite position? WHAT???? Ugggh....

30) Favorite Sport to Watch? Gymnanstics

31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most? English Literature

32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be? What? Just one? None.

33) What's your favorite language? English..my native tounge

34) Who's your hero? I don't havea hero

35) Who's your favorite scientist? none

36) Do you prefer dogs or cats? CATS..CATS..CATS

37) How old were you when you where dumped for the first time? I have never been dumped

38) Who’s dumber, Dubya or Quayle? WHO CARES

39.What do you fear? BEING MURDERED IN MY SLEEP

(40)what's your favorite word to use?

DUDE!!
                  Last edited by Blackwidow24; February 26, 2002, 15:35.
                  The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Blackwidow...watch the numbering...

1) Favorite Food: I like chicken, and also a good steak.

2) Car I Drive: ’91 Honda Accord. Maroon in colour.

3) Favorite TV Show:
                    I dont have a TV. But I loved the old show called "Get A Life"

4) Favorite Alcohol:
                    I dont drink much. No favorite.

5) High School: Ipswich High School.

6) What would have to happen before you could die happy?
                    Humans could treat each other with respect.

7) Favorite Time of Day:
                    I like the middle of the night.

8) Favorite Singer:
                    Again, I am a musician, so I have too many to choose from. My music collection is enormous.

9) What is your favorite non-homeland country?
                    I have only been to Canada. It wasnt anything special.

10) What religion are you least attracted to?
                    Every religion is laughable to me. Judiaism seems to be full of whiners to me though.

11) What's your favorite song?
                    I dont have one.

12) What's your favourite album?:
                    Again man, dont have one.

13) What's your GPA?
                    Just graduated college with a 3.4

14) Who is your best friend?
                    My firend Ian. I love him. It is truly a gift to have a friend that is that real.

15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited?
                    Europe.

I like this one

17) How many girlfriends have you had?
                    I am working on #2

18) Do you think you're happy?
                    Not at all. I am actually a miserable person.

19) Why are you happy?
                    See above.

20) Boxers or briefs?
                    Might I say freeball

21) First CD you bought?
                    De La Soul. 3 Feet High and Rising. I think I was about 12 yrs old.

22) What's your ideal job?
                    Helping people in some capacity. Something utalizing my sociology degree.

23) What is your favorite movie?
                    Jaws.

24) Least favorite school subject?
                    Mathematics.

25) Favorite philosopher:
                    Kahlil Gibran.

26) Favorite Author:
                    None.

27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween?
                    I don't dress up for Halloween.

28) How did you find Apolyton?
                    Google search. I wanted to get strategies.

29) Favorite position?
                    "Woof" indeed

30) Favorite Sport to Watch?
                    I dont like sports too much. I prefer to watch things I dont have a complete grasp for like Soccer, Rugby or Cricket.

31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most?
                    Social Theory.

32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be?
                    America.

33) What's your favorite language?
                    Dont have one really...wierd question.

34) Who's your hero?
                    I don't think I have one.

35) Who's your favorite scientist?
                    Uhhh... Mr Wizard.

36) Do you prefer dogs or cats?
                    Cats.

37) How old were you when you where dumped for the first time?

38) Who’s dumber, Dubya or Quayle?
                    Dubya. The hillbilly thing just makes him sound so idiotic. I still cant believe he is my president. I hate him.

39) What do you fear?
                    I fear death alot. Also I fear people judging me being from America. I was just born here, I didnt have a choice.

40) What is your favorite word to use?
                    Whilst.

41) What Apolytoner(s) would you like to meet?
                    I would like to meet Henrik, Marko, Captain Nemo, BeBro, Markos and Snapcase.

-FMK.

Comment

Field Marshal Klesh

Thanks DUDE
                      The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

You're welcome. Just doing my organizational best WHILST I post.

-FMK.

Comment

1) Favorite Food: Goma-ae

2) Car I Drive: ’90 Honda Accord. Maroon in colour. Almost bought a new Audi two weeks ago but just couldn't justify it - the Accord won't die!

3) Favorite TV Show:
                          Junkyard Wars

4) Favorite Alcohol:
                          Stolichnaya

5) High School: Nanaimo District Senior Secondary

6) What would have to happen before you could die happy?
                          I would have to see my girls grow up and find happiness.

7) Favorite Time of Day:
                          6:30 am - before anyone else is awake and I can just sit with my coffee.

8) Favorite Singer:
                          Leonard Cohen

9) What is your favorite non-homeland country?
                          France.

10) What religion are you least attracted to?
                          Fundamentalist versions of all of them - be it christian, judaic, islamic whatever, can't stand bible/torah/koran thumpers.

11) What's your favorite song?
                          Probably, Jimmy Jazz by the Clash. But it really depends on the mood I'm in.

12) What's your favourite album?:
                          ... too hard to say.

13) What's your GPA?
                          Where? High school was something like 3.4, college was something like 3.7 and law school was something like 3.85.

14) Who is your best friend?
                          My friend Chris. The guy has got me into more trouble than any other peson on earth and yet I still love him.

15) What place would you love to visit that you haven't yet visited?
                          Micronesia.

17) How many girlfriends have you had?
                          5 plus one wife of almost eight years.

18) Do you think you're happy?
                          Very.

19) Why are you happy?
                          I've got a family I love, a job that I like and I'm healthy.

20) Boxers or briefs?
                          Boxer briefs.

21) First CD you bought?
                          CD? First LP I bought was Blondie, first 45 was "Electric Avenue", first CD was ... either a Deutsche Grammaphone edition of Karajan directing the Berlin Symphony playing Beethoven's 9th or World Party's Goodbye Jumbo - can't remember which.

22) What's your ideal job?
                          Ouch - I thought I had it now, but lately ... I'm not convinced there is one. Maybe a wooden boat designer/builder.

23) What is your favorite movie?
                          Apocalypse Now - no - Blade Runner - no - Apocalypse Now - no - ...

24) Least favorite school subject?
                          Which school?

25) Favorite philosopher:
                          Bertrand Russell. (don't necessarily agree with him but he was cool)

26) Favorite Author:
                          Bruce Sterling

27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween?
                          I have no idea.

28) How did you find Apolyton?
                          I linked to it from Firaxis after SMAC came out before I registered - but I think I lurked here a few times before that.

29) Favorite position?
                          Gentlemen don't discuss such things.

30) Favorite Sport to Watch?
                          H O C K E Y !

31) What academic subject do you enjoy learning about the most?
                          History.

32) If you could nuke one country in the world, which one would it be?
                          I don't even use nukes in Civ ...

33) What's your favorite language?
                          Basque - just cause it's so odd.

34) Who's your hero?
                          I don't worship.

35) Who's your favorite scientist?
                          Richard Feynman

36) Do you prefer dogs or cats?
                          Dogs.

37) How old were you when you where dumped for the first time?
                          I've always been the dumper.

38) Who’s dumber, Dubya or Quayle?
                          Quayle. Dubya isn't the brightest bulb but Quayle was a fool.

39) What do you fear?
                          Stupidity - my own and others.

40) What Apolytoner(s) would you like to meet?
                          I think I'd like to preserve the mystery.

41) Favourite word?
                          Don't have one.
                          What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Comment

1) Food: All of the above. Well, I suppose Fajitas
                            2) Car: As of tomorrow, 2002 Honda Accord EX, Black
                            3) TV show: TV sucks, IMO.
                            4) Booze: Multiple categories here.

4a) Beer: Newcastle Brown
                            4b) Wine: Italian Red, preferably Cabernet or Sangiovese
                            4c) Liquor: Whiskey/Scotch/Sour Mash

5) HS: Joel Barlow High School (Redding, CT)
                            6) Die happy?: I'd could die happy now, I think, but True Love would help
                            7) Fav Time: Anytime the sun isn't up
                            8) Singer: I never remember their names...
                            9) Fav non-USA country: UK
                            10) Religion least attracted to: All, can't stand any of 'em.
                            11) Fav. song: "Praise You" - Fat Boy Slim
                            12) Album: "Appetite for Destruction" - Guns'n'Roses or "New Jersey" - Jon Bon Jovi
                            13) GPA: Graduated College w/a 3.05
                            14) Best Friend: Chris, since 2nd grade
                            15) Place to visit: Australia
                            16) Smiley:
                            17) Girlfriends: ouch. Um.. two
                            18) Think I'm happy: Not really... Content would be a better word.
                            19) Why happy: Good company, good conversation
                            20) Boxers/Briefs: Boxers
                            21) 1st CD purchase: "The Chronicle" Credence Clearwater Revival
                            22) Ideal job: getting paid to sit around discussing computer games all day... and assorted other things that pop up as tangents
                            23) Fav. Movie: No way can I answer this. Top 25 I could do.
                            24) Hated school subject: Chemistry
                            25) Fav. Philosopher: Aristotle
                            26) Fav. Writer: Tolkein
                            27) Costume: I hate dressing up for Halloween.
                            28) How did I find 'poly: Yahoo search on Civ II
                            29) Position: One more "woof"
                            30) Fav. Sport to watch: quality soccer, like English Premiership, otherwise Baseball
                            31) Fav. Subject: History
                            32) Which Country to Nuke?: None.
                            33) Fav. Language: English, but that's the only one I speak.
                            34) Hero: Dunno that I have one...but I do look up to my Dad.
                            35) Fav. Scientist: Darwin
                            36) Dogs vs. Cats: Dogs
                            37) Age when 1st dumped: 19
                            38) Dubya or Quayle: Gotta be Danno. Bush is no rocket scientist, but Quayle was on a different level.
                            39) Fear: Waking up one day and realizing I still haven't made any really important life decisions.
                            40) Fav. Word: This varies... and frankly I haven't given it much thought.
                            41) Who to meet: Vel, Lib, Willem, Analyst Redux, Aeson and others whose names I cannot now recall...

42) If you had to pick one historical place & time to visit briefly, what/when would it be?

I'd go with 2nd century AD Roman Britain.

-Arrian
                            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

1) Favorite Food: Lamb Tikka

2) Car I Drive: I don't.

3) Favorite TV Show: Black Adder

4) Favorite Alcohol: 'K' Cider

5) High School: Royal Forest of Dean Grammar School

6) What would have to happen before you could die happy: Nothing

7) Favorite Time of Day: 3am

8) Favorite Singer: Don't have one.

9) Favorite non-homeland country: Austria

10) Religion are you least attracted to: Satanism

11) Favorite song: 'Montegue's and Capulet's' - Prokofiev

12) Favourite album: 'Invisible Band' by Travis - at the moment.

13) GPA: What the hell is that?

14) Best friend: Pete.

15) Place I would most like to visit: Siberia

16) Favorite smiley:

17) Number of girlfriends: 3 - the third being my wife of 12 years

18) Do I think i'm happy: Not as much as I should be probably.

19) Why I am happy: My wife and children.

20) Underwear: Boxers usually.

21) First Album bought: 'Best of the Strawbs'

22) Ideal job: Futurologist

23) Favorite Film: 'Walk in the Clouds'

24) Least favorite school subject: French (even though I had a crush on the teacher )

25) Favorite philosopher: Can't choose.

26) Favorite Author: Toss up between Terry Pratchett and Steven Baxter.

27) What would you like to dress into next MardiGras/Carnival/Halloween? If I had more courage I'd choose my birthday suit

28) How I found Apolyton: Through Sidgames.

29) Favorite position: The plough, but boy is it difficult to do.

30) Favorite Sport to Watch: Cricket

31) Academic subject I enjoy learning about the most: History.

32) What country would I nuke: I'd never do such a thing - do you think I'm M.A.D.

33) Favorite language: Java

34) My hero: don't have one really

35) Favorite scientist: again don't really have one.

36) Do I prefer dogs or cats: Cats (even though I'm very allergic to them)

37) Age when I was dumped for the first time: 14

38) Who’s dumber, Dubya or Quayle: That's a really tough call.

39) What I fear: Embarresment

40) Which Apolytoner(s) I would like to meet: Imran Siddiqui

41) Favourite word: Actually

42) What is the answer to the great question of life, the universe and everything?
                              19th Century Liberal, 21st Century European

Comment

Hail Arrian! We should get a bunch of rowdies together and do a little multi-state tour up and down the east coast...

-=Vel=-
                                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X