Pet Hates - What are yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FireDragon
    People who argue about politics but don't really have a good reason for their stance. They just inherited it from their parents.

My political stance could not be further from my mother's.

Me = left-libertarian
    She = right-wing nazi

And I'm not exagerating. She is racist, homophobic, pro-death penality, fanatically anti-abortion, anti-contraception, anti-free sexual health clinic, anti sex education and anti-immigration.

Which wouldn't be so bad if she wasn't a social worker with a gay son (she compared me to a transexual yesterday).

Comment

All of the above.

In addition:

Getting stuck behind an individual at a supermarket queue who is seemingly stocking up their fall out shelter for the next three score years.

Shopping in general

Assumptions

Public displays or acts of any sort of affection, sex, or the like.

Females.

Know it all freshmen who want to take on the world.

People trying to stir trouble in bars.

People who take the fact that your car is comparably slow and lacking in power as a personal insult and an affront to their honour. My goodness, didn't they ever teach you how to overtake?

Hardly ever being able to connect to music exchange programs.

Alabama Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.
      Whether you like it or not, history is on our side.
      We will bury you.

- N.S. Khrushchev

Comment

I hate pets.

Comment

people with pet hates

people who chew gum

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade
            All of the above.

In addition:

Females.

You better watch yourself bub!
            The only reason I was gone for so long was because I hate you people!!!

Comment

Evil Knevil is a man with a lot of hate to give
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I hate pet dogs that eat their own poop and then try to lick your face.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Associated with the generalities response, the use of "always", "never", "all". or "none" in a sentence.
                  Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                  "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                  He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24

You better watch yourself bub!
                    Sorry ma'am, but its true. Got nothing against females, but I just don't like nor understand them.

First time I've been called bub in a while as well
                    We will bury you.

- N.S. Khrushchev

Comment

Originally posted by Simon Darkshade

Sorry ma'am, but its true. Got nothing against females, but I just don't like nor understand them.

First time I've been called bub in a while as well
                      hmmm that makes umm no sense..you have nothing against them yet you hate them...oh yeah I call stupid male chauvanistic pigs Bub..Bub! So here's you first reason NOT TO LIKE ME!

Comment

Uh-oh. I feel myself "getting on a roll".

I don't like to hear "I don't know", especially in the workplace.
                        "I don't know", the end, equals "I don't care".
                        If you don't know, say "I don't know, but I'll find out".

I also hate people who give opinions without a frame of reference. They haven't done it and/or don't want to do it.
                        I.E. :
                        Life-long civilians saying "All military are village burning baby killers". Note: There's that ALL word again.
                        Or
                        "The dumb**** President", or "Dumb**** trash collector".
                        I wouldn't want either job, and have never done either job.
                        I don't have a frame of reference that allows me to understand why something is the way it is.
                        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

what about people who answer your question with a question??? hee hee

and people who answer everything with WHATEVER..along the same guidelines as Slowwhand... or people who say..Well you did it so why can't I??(copy cats)

Comment

Originally posted by Blackwidow24

hmmm that makes umm no sense..you have nothing against them yet you hate them...oh yeah I call stupid male chauvanistic pigs Bub..Bub! So here's you first reason NOT TO LIKE ME!
                            It seems the wires have crossed somewhat here.
                            I don't hate them whatsoever. My original reason for inserting the reference to females was to make a subtle aside to my proud celibacy.
                            I don't like either gender that much at all, but prefer the company of men (most definitely not the intimate company, however, as I find the whole notion of physical intimacy with either gender rather sordid), as that is what i grew up with. This does not mean I believe women are in any way inferior, nor that they should have anything but exactly the same rights as men. But I do not actively
                            seek out their company. This is just a matter of personal choice, rather than the misogyny you suggested.

I would like to think that I am not stupid, nor chauvanist, nor a pig. I plead guilty to the male bit, and to posting without great prior thought late at night. So can we lay off with the name calling. It isn't really seemly.

Perhaps I should have thrown in a smiley.

But most of the things I listed, I do not truly have a deep and abiding dislike for, save perhaps the Alabama Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.
                            My personal definition of pet hate is "something that frustrates you, or that you do not understand; a sibling or neighbour you love to argue with, but do not wish any serious inconvenience whatsoever". For example, the angry drivers referred to; I do not hate them with an abiding passion, and wish ill upon them unto the ninth generation of their offspring. A pet hate is really a minor thing.

I don't "like" anyone really, but neither do I bear any ill will towards them, save the truly bad and depraved. I meant no offence by my off hand remark, but my initial attempt at explanation dug me further into it.
                            I hope that these remarks have gone someway towards clearing the situation.
                            We will bury you.

- N.S. Khrushchev

Comment

I only call it like I see it...be more specific next time..here's the smiley Had I known you didn't like anyone that woulda changed everything..NOT...

It's dropped as of now..

Comment

Anunikoba,
                                My thread was less original than I thought - 11 days after another thread of the same from November Adam.

...and to make things worse, devilmunchkin had already listed my first pet hate:
                                people who walk slowly in front of me and won't let me around them
                                and now BW and SD are arguing in my thread
                                Oooh... I should have never have started all this

Let's all just be friends and love each other. I'll even smile meekly if you walk slowly in front of me wearing ordinary clothes with big designer labels and price tags blatantly visible. I've had enough of all this hate!
                                "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                                "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                                - Pekka

Comment

Working...
                                X