No announcement yet.

Petition: We are dissatisfied and we respectfully ask Sid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow yin! I never heard of CPU Bach. Sid is such a talented guy.

Comment

I found the following while looking at the Bach thingie:

The other thing was really a response to Civilization. Civilization had been so successful, it had created this big wave of pressure of "what's Sid going to do next?" I really sensed a danger that I didn't want to get into this "topping myself every time" phenomenon. I saw mental illness down that road. I said I am not going to get in the business of topping Civilization and then trying to top what comes after Civilization. There lies madness.

This was something I had kind of wanted to play with for a while. Nobody's going to compare it to Civilization and say, well, it's a little more fun or it should have done this or whatever. So it was kind of a mental relaxation thing doing CPU Bach. It was a great, fun experience - definitely off the beaten track. Somewhat of an indulgence on my part, but it kind of got my brain back in shape again.
      I guess I should give Sid some slack, looks like he really did have a nervous breakdown. Sorry Sid.

Comment

Yes, Uncle Enron() is very talented and doesn't mind doing stuff that's a bit off-beat or new to him. This is why he never does sequels (as far as I know).

[...waiting for somebody to say: "Yin, you are so fricken stupid! Duh! Sid never does sequels? Have you ever heard of Civ2 and 3? Dumba**!" Jimmy, do you want to break that news to them or should I?]
        I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Mark, will you pin this thread to the top so we can psychoanalyze Sid at our leisure?

Comment

Not only Sid: I bet Brian Reynolds encountered that same madness gearing up to try to top Civ2, looked at Sid working on a Sim Golf game and ... well ... figure it was time to escape the Funny Farm.
            I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Nah, pretty soon you're gonna see Brian Reynolds "Civ-Golf" on the store shelves. It'll be like Simgolf with Civ elements: Competing with other courses, negotiating land deals for expansion, political dealing for zoning rights and plucking those cheap groundskeepers from 3rd world labour pools.

I'll bet that's why he left. It's gonna be awesome...
              So there we were, two men against an army... man, we beat the hell outta those two.

Comment

So many new posters!
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What the hell is this doing here?
                  <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

So many new posters!
                    Ain't it wonderful?

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Sid never emerged from the void he now resides. The guys seemed to have as much input into the creation of Civ3 as George Forman had in the invention of his 'Lean Mean Fat-Reducing Grilling Machine'. Hopefully we won't see Sid on 3 AM info-mercials.
                    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

So many new posters!
                      Dear God! Don't lure them over here. Direct them to Newmax or something.
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Hey!
                        The Forman Grill is awesome!
                        And never needed any patches either ...

Comment

I don't think sid goes to the off-topic anymore.

Comment

If you can't stand the heat, throw the thread out of the kitchen.

Comment

LOL, another anti-firaxis/sid thread? Well, can't close it, best move it to off-topic and watch it sink like a rock.
                              Last edited by DrFell; February 5, 2002, 12:24.

Comment

This thread will NEVER SINK!!!

Everyone with me now, post away! Get your custom avatars!!!

Last edited by Thrawn05; February 5, 2002, 13:43.
                                I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Working...
                                X