Petition: We are dissatisfied and we respectfully ask Sid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition: We are dissatisfied and we respectfully ask Sid

Petition: We are dissatisfied and we respectfully ask Sid Meier to register on this forum and if it should please him to:

1.Respond to our concerns
    2.Outline future plans for Civ3 in detail
    3.Explain what specific role he played in the development of Civ3
    4.Just hang out a bit so that we will all be reassured that Firaxis has a soul.

Please just sign on if you support this folks, no need to flame or add your two cents worth. This is a sincere effort to reach out to Sid.

Dude time to get the prozac subscription filled.
    MOHonor - PJP

"Better ingredients make a better pizza" - Papa John

Comment

I am taking my pills littlemo. Thanks for expressing your dissatisfaction with the game.

Comment

Re: Petition: We are dissatisfied and we respectfully ask Sid

Originally posted by jimmytrick
        Petition: We are dissatisfied and we respectfully ask Sid Meier to register on this forum and if it should please him to:

1.Respond to our concerns
        2.Outline future plans for Civ3 in detail
        3.Explain what specific role he played in the development of Civ3
        Um, I guess I'll be the one to break it to you. He really didn't have much to do with the game's design at all.

Comment

Would be awfully great to see Sid reply, even if it's just to tow the company line. If I were him, though, I'd be pretty happy with people thinking I had/have nothing to do with Civ3.
          I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Originally posted by yin26
            If I were him, though, I'd be pretty happy with people thinking I had/have nothing to do with Civ3.
            Yin, bringing sarcasm to new levels
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think they should fix science, make rubber, iron and coal easier to find, fix the fact that actually (gasp!) FIGHTING an offensive war will cause crippling dissent in all your cities under a republic or a democracy, and get the AI to stop cheating.
              And fix the timeflow.

Comment

Originally posted by Foot
                I think they should fix science, make rubber, iron and coal easier to find, fix the fact that actually (gasp!) FIGHTING an offensive war will cause crippling dissent in all your cities under a republic or a democracy, and get the AI to stop cheating.
                And fix the timeflow.
                AI cheats in every strategy game. That is no problem. I'm fighting a offensive war in my game, and my citizens are fairly happen. You just have to carefully managed them. rubber, iron are fairly easy to find. Coal however, is a different story. I don't know why they included it in the game at all.
                One of the problems that I have though, is only by fighting an offensive war, and grab your enemy's land can you ensure that you got all the resources needed to stay alive. It is very hard to play peacefully.
                ==========================
                www.forgiftable.com/

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.

Comment

Is anyone going to say *Aye*? It would be nice, wouldn't it?

Aye, but not holding my breath.

Salve

PS. I would find it perfectly acceptable if all he said was that he and Firaxis were prohibited from speculating or relaying plans due to agreements with Infogrames (if that is in fact the case, as I've seen hinted at). What else would explain the discrepencies between the Firaxian statements re Civ3 and Sid's own solicitations re Golf?
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Sid? Sid? Where are you Sid?

I am calling you out! Get yer yellow bellied, chicken feathered, no golf playing dino hide over here on this forum and talk to us folks.

(wonder if that will work)

(if nothing else this will drive Mark into a snit)

(two categories of humorless creatures-game gods and forum moderators)

Sid? Don't make me write poems about you man!

Come on. Email me if you don't know how to register a callsign.

(maybe I should sing a Firaxis choir favorite)

Sid is Good, Sid is Great,
                    I'll go gay if Sid's my date,
                    Give me dinos and golf simulate,
                    I'll eat beans off Meier's plate.

(somehow I don't think that will get him here)

Sid, did ya ever play Civ3? Did ya?

(i wonder if taunting a game god on the net is a federal offense?)

Comment

Challenge him to a CPU Bach-Off. Worked for me in the early 90's.
                      I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

Comment

A what?

Comment

Click Here. You send him a love ballad with that baby and I bet he'll be your Posting Pal for the next few days!

Comment

hmm...Whereabouts of Firaxis's Meier a mystery -House panel

WASHINGTON, Feb 4 (Reuters) - A congressional committee trying to serve a subpoena on former Firaxis. Chairman Sid Meier said on Monday his personal attorney does not know where Meier is and could not accept the subpoena.

``We made contact with Mr. Meier's attorney this afternoon ... He tells us he does not know of Sid's whereabouts, which we find quite puzzling to say the least,'' said Peggy Peterson, spokeswoman for the House Financial Services Committee.

Earl Silbert, Meier's attorney, was unavailable for comment. A woman answering the phone at his home said he was ill.

Meier resigned from the board of the fallen gaming company on Monday as two congressional committees vowed to force him to come before them to testify on Firaxis's collapse and the Civ3 controversy.

Comment

Good show jimmy. This thread should be moved to the SimGolf forums, however.
                              So there we were, two men against an army... man, we beat the hell outta those two.

Comment

Working...
                              X