Plane Flies Into Building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dissident
    The only thing we need to watch for on small planes, is cropdusters and the like for biological/chemical weapons. But even then, modifications need to be made in order to get the right sized particles spread accross the city. Or what has been pointed out, loading the plane with explosives.
    Good point - although I think there are better ways than cropdusters to disperse B/C agents. City water supplies (although I am given to understand these are fairly heavily monitored in the US - and as of before the present terrorist threat), balloons or even city sewers are all just as effective and the use of which would have a much lower profile than flying a light aircraft in a "dusting" pattern over a major city.
    Again with the explosives thing, a light aircraft can't carry that much more than an automobile and pretty much calls for a suicide pilot. Car/suitcase bombs, while they may not be applicable in as many situations as in an aircraft, would be much more plentiful and wouldn't waste a "dedicated freedom fighter" or whatever moniker they use nowadays.

Comment

that's true. small planes can't carry much explosive. The only scenario I can think of that being remotely effective is in a stadium full of people.

And from what I understand, contaminating water supplies isn't easy because of the volume of water involved. Water supplies are actually not monitored very closely. It would be easy to piss in a water supply. But in order to kill a lot of people, you would have to bring in truckloads of chemicals/agents to do any harm. That is likely to be noticed.

But baloons could be just as effective as a small plane, and less likely to be noticed.

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon
        The US does have to keep some perspective here. A cesna that masses less than a car and which doesn't have much more speed has orders of magnitude less kinetic energy (and hence killing potential) than a 500-odd ton Airliner with a full fuel load flying at several hundred knots. While the cesna could have been used as a lethal weapon it would hardly have been to a large enough degree to warrant shooting it down, possibly causing proportional casualties anyway.
        In any case it seems the scrambled F-15's weren't in position to intercept until after the crash.
        Ok, ok, I give up!

Comment

silly rabbit

planes flying into empty buildings is a good thing. Makes for an interesting news story. Now full buildings and full jumbo jets is a bad thing.

Comment

You are one sick little monkey... I guess human suffering doesn't mean anything to you.

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat

LOOK DADDY!!! I can fly with my EYES CLOSED!!!
            "Maybe there's a god above, and all I ever learned from love... was how to shoot at someone who out-drew you. It's not a cry you can hear at night. It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and It's a broken hallelujah." ~ Cohen

Comment

who me?

there was no human suffering

except for 1 troubled youth. And that was ended by him flying into a skyscraper.

Comment

He was probably brainwashed by the Illuminati!

------------------
                ~Emperor Dominik~
                ~ Dominikos ~

Comment

Originally posted by poison_flower
                  You are one sick little monkey... I guess human suffering doesn't mean anything to you.
                  How could you consider suicide to be "human suffering"? Quite the opposite, if you ask me.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

yeah what he said.

I am a sick puppy. For some reason I find the thread title to be humourous. I can't help it. Everytime I read it. lol

but it is sad this kid couldn't find help. What is interesting is they said he was taking controversial medication for acne. They say this acne medication has produced higher than normal suicide rates. I find this disturbing, yet humourous at the same time. Why would anyone take medication that says in the side effects that it may cause suicide?

but alas it is too late now. But never too late to find humour in this unending black void we call life.

Comment

This whole thing really saddened me. Anything about teen suicide does. I can relate to it.

Comment

note: I really am a sensitive guy. I do care about everyone's life except maybe bin ladin's. I love the world, and do not wish ill on anyone. I am too sensitive sometimes. Sometimes the world is so ****ed up I think I can't take living in it anymore. It seems like everyone else is evil, and I am the only person with any humanity.

But I just cover that all up with a sick sense of humour and massive sexual perversion. It makes me happy

Comment

I think I can understand that.... I guess I was being a little uppity yesterday.
                          "Maybe there's a god above, and all I ever learned from love... was how to shoot at someone who out-drew you. It's not a cry you can hear at night. It's not somebody who's seen the light. It's a cold and It's a broken hallelujah." ~ Cohen

Comment

Working...
                          X