No announcement yet.

Marijuana Legalization - Why Not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you really believed people own themselves, you'd support their economic freedom as well since their time is their own, including the time they expend producing wealth in the marketplace.
    I do not support total economic freedom, since I want safety for every citizen from the craddle to the grave. Sweden has a long and modest tradition of the welfare home, folkhemmet.
    So you can't support social freedom if you don't support economic such? Ever heard about this group called Liberals?

Comment

Originally posted by korn469
      for all of those in favor of taxing pot, think about this...

pot is easy to grow, and most people need a fairly small supply so once it was legalized it would be quite easy to grow your own supply

My wife's parents have a 200acre farm right outside quadcities in Illinois. Its just a few miles away from the Mississippi. At first I didnt notice, but when my wife pointed it out, Marijuana grows everywhere up there. They call it DitchWeed. And It literrally grows like your normal garden variety weed, everywhere, and it grows large. As a matter of fact, We walked through one part of it that was as tall as me and I am 6'4". The only difference between DitchWeed and Marijuana is DitchWeed has no buds .

Comment

Moron -
        yeah right What about disabling post count in OT because of some lame spamming trolls that is now all emperors
        Does that mean you agree with punishing the innocent because of the guilty? Would that still be a keen idea if you were the one being punished because someone else did something bad?

Juggernaut -
        I do not support total economic freedom, since I want safety for every citizen from the craddle to the grave.
        So you don't really believe people own themselves, only when you decide they own themselves.

So you can't support social freedom if you don't support economic such? Ever heard about this group called Liberals?
        We've got "liberals" here, but their position is really no different than the conservatives, both want to decide when others are free and when they're not. You claimed people own their own bodies, I merely showed you didn't believe that. One does not own their body if someone else can take away what they produce with their body in the marketplace.

Comment

Originally posted by Berzerker
          We've got "liberals" here, but their position is really no different than the conservatives, both want to decide when others are free and when they're not. You claimed people own their own bodies, I merely showed you didn't believe that. One does not own their body if someone else can take away what they produce with their body in the marketplace.
          Since we evoluted from the ape stadium, our intellegence has forced us to defy nature, since nature is too cruel in certain directions for our superior perception-abilty to bear.
          The question is only where to draw the line between nature and society. That question is also known as Politics. You barely want to defy nature at all, while I think that certain barriers are necessary for a society worthy our race. A certain tax in favour of welfare is simply necessary, cause charity fluctuate.

Comment

Look how long your post was Berzerker. I'd say you've smoked too much and are way in denial.

Btw, smoking pot does not destroy the body.
            No, it just destroys the brain. But hey, sh1t happens, aye?

90 million Americans have used pot
            Bullsh1t. Source? You? Did you count them all?

You know I used to keep an open mind about you pot smokers, but after seeing some of you destroy yourselves (Killing Me Softly), I have absolutley no tolerance for the BS excuses you all are so creative at coming up with to affirm your pathetic little habit.

So what do you tell your kids about pot, Berzerker?
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Juggernaut - If you want a welfare state, then that is what you want, but that isn't a belief in self-ownership.

Ted -
              Look how long your post was Berzerker. I'd say you've smoked too much and are way in denial.
              So you determine who smokes pot and who does not based on the length of their posts?

Bullsh1t. Source? You? Did you count them all?
              The number comes from government polling (H.H.S. and Dept of Education)typically done in schools over the last 30 or so years.

You know I used to keep an open mind about you pot smokers, but after seeing some of you destroy yourselves (Killing Me Softly), I have absolutley no tolerance for the BS excuses you all are so creative at coming up with to affirm your pathetic little habit.
              As opposed to your pathetic habit of insulting people from behind a computer?

So what do you tell your kids about pot, Berzerker?
              I tell them not to use it while living under my roof. If they choose to use it after they are on their own - as adults, then that is for them to decide. I don't want my kids using alcohol or tobacco either, does that mean I must insist on having everyone else put in cages for using these drugs? I don't want them driving cars, should driving be illegal? Do you have children? If so, what do you tell them about the differences between adults and children?

No, it just destroys the brain. But hey, sh1t happens, aye?
              I'll quote you here:

Bullsh1t. Source?
              Last edited by Berzerker; December 24, 2001, 09:13.

Comment

You missed the smilie Berzerker

Comment

oops

Comment

See, this is why I don´t say my opinion.

And 90 Million Americans do not use marijuana. If that is true, then Marshall Law should be declared and our army should be sent to Colombia now.

You're forgetting the body bags for law enforcement, the innocent who are "mistakes", and all the people killed in the street wars between rival gangs. When was the last time you heard of alcohol dealers having shootouts on our streets over marketshare?
                    A lot more of these drug dealers are dieing faster than law enforcement. I think the US government should put more money into the law enforcement, replace the standard weapon of a 9MM Pistol to an M-16 and there we have adequate enforcement.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Originally posted by korn469

inferior? to what? are we talking natural ice here or are we talking Shiner Bock

certainly not all home brewed beer is piss in a bottle, and pot from the store would have to be really high quality if the normal person could grow decent pot at home for free...i guess it would probably be more a matter of convience than it would one of quality
                      Of course. Convenience AND quality.
                      You could grow your own corn, for that matter.
                      There are space constraints, soil quality, time invested, and on and on.
                      It takes quite a bit of plant to dry out to anything noteworthy.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Why does Giancarlo say things like "our army" when he's not an American?

Comment

Originally posted by Giancarlo
                          See, this is why I don´t say my opinion.

And 90 Million Americans do not use marijuana. If that is true, then Marshall Law should be declared and our army should be sent to Colombia now.

A lot more of these drug dealers are dieing faster than law enforcement. I think the US government should put more money into the law enforcement, replace the standard weapon of a 9MM Pistol to an M-16 and there we have adequate enforcement.
                          OR the things that matter could be worried over more than simple herb.
                          Don't like drugs? Battle drugs then.
                          I.E. heroin and real drugs, that are deadly.

BTW, Doc Strangelove.
                          You sound like a character out of "Reefer Madness".
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Giancarlo -
                            I didn't say 90 million use pot, I said ~ 90 million have used pot. And why would you send an army to Colombia? Marijuana is grown in many places. Real Colombian marijuana is rather rare, they've switched more to cocaine and heroin. Quite an indictment of the drug war I'd say.

A lot more of these drug dealers are dieing faster than law enforcement. I think the US government should put more money into the law enforcement, replace the standard weapon of a 9MM Pistol to an M-16 and there we have adequate enforcement
                            Here is my full quote:

You're forgetting the body bags for law enforcement, the innocent who are "mistakes", and all the people killed in the street wars between rival gangs. When was the last time you heard of alcohol dealers having shootouts on our streets over marketshare?
                            If drug wars were so great, why does Colombia have so much violence? The last time alcohol dealers were shooting up our streets was under alcohol prohibition. Why do so many on your side ignore this fact?

Comment

BTW, Doc Strangelove.
                              You sound like a character out of "Reefer Madness".
                              Okay, trivia question: what was the other title of the movie "Reefer Madness"?

Comment

I give up, Berz.
                                What?

Comment

Working...
                                X