X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The video tape was manufactured.

A little poll

Merry Christmass
    Yes, The US propaganda machine is capable, d'uh!
    32.56%
    If you believe it was made up you are a paranoid commie
    47.67%
    I don't know/care or Banana
    19.77%

The CIA at its best.
    God---He's my favorite fictional charater.----Homer Simpson

Comment

You bet me to it! I was going to start a poll like this when I saw yours, Paiktis.

The video seems genuine but so have other things (like the so-called alien autopsy film) that have turned out to be fake.

If you were going to fake this, how would it be done? I suppose a group of actors filmed in a cave somewhere (area 51?) and their faces digitally altered to look like bin Laden etc. I suppose enough time has elapsed for the CIA to have had the time to do it. That could explain the delay before the video was "discovered".

If it was geniune, who took the video? Why would bin Laden allow his confession to be recorded for others to see? Or was the video camera hidden, in which case, was there a rat among them, waiting to expose them?
      Last edited by The Rusty Gamer; December 13, 2001, 20:35.
      Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
      Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

This tape was manufactured not by the US, it was manufactured by Bin Laden.

The bad acting shows that.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The legal consequences of manufacturing such a tape could be quite significant if its a US govt fake, particularly if OBL was brought to trial. Red faces all round.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

*yawn*

yes, it's an evil conspiracy by bush to convince all 5 people who think bin laden is innocent to join up with the happy little bandwagon the rest of the sane world is already on. really, people - no one would go through all that trouble and risk so much just to prove something we (americans anyway) knew for a few months now.

dream up another one...

Comment

1. Osweld
              2. MarkG
              3. Peacemaker

Who are the other 2 out of the 5???
              We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I actually voted NO but it is good to have an open mind

Comment

Well, I'm relieved at the results. I was afraid that either we would vote that the US manufactured that tape or that the CIA inadvertently turned it into a banana.

Seriously, why would they fake it? And we sure have enough paranoid commies around here...
                  I refute it thus!
                  "Destiny! Destiny! No escaping that for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by Goingonit
                    Seriously, why would they fake it? And we sure have enough paranoid commies around here...

Mass psychological manipulation

Comment

Banana.
                      12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Killing it is the new killing it
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
                        Banana.
                        The prudent choice.

Comment

In the director's cut version of the videotape, bin Laden is eating a banana.
                          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

I don't think it was "made up".
                            As far as the opinions of the people of the United States, nothing requires something being "made up".

I want to ask a question.
                            Why does Europe whine that the U.S. supplied the Taliban, and then turn around and whine when U.S. troops kick the Taliban's ass?
                            I don't get it, other than that's just the standard.
                            Whatever, is wrong. Big deal.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                              I want to ask a question.
                              Why does Europe whine that the U.S. supplied the Taliban, and then turn around and whine when U.S. troops kick the Taliban's ass?
                              I don't get it, other than that's just the standard.
                              Whatever, is wrong. Big deal.
                              1. Because they like to b!tch about the US. (it's true! - there are many reasons INMO some justified, some not))

2. Because they are concerned with human rights

3. Because it is a bargaining tool in the international arena.

Comment

Working...
                              X