No announcement yet.

Automatic or Manual (driving poll)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've driven both, and I like manuals for non-rush hour driving and manuals for peak periods....for obvious reasons, of course.
    PHOENIXCAGER
    The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

Saras... car is to get me places. I'd rather have an automatic gear change for that. Keeps both my hands on the wheel.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I prefer an automatic when doing city driving.
        Manual when doing 'fun' driving (racing, which I never do ) or a drive up into the mountains.

I learned on a manual, but both cars I drive are automatics right now.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Automatic or Manual (driving poll)

Originally posted by drake
          So, to the people that drive, do you drive a vehicle with an automatic transmission or a manual?
          Which is better? Why?
          The options were:
          1 Automatic
          2 Manual
          3 I don't drive
          4 I don't have a license yet
          5 Other

What bothers me is the third option. Are you trying to look for possible trolls?

And fourth option. Are you looking for criminals also?

My choise was obvious: MANUAL. I just can't get the sensation of driving with automatic - it's boooring (unless it is a PASI; armored transport)
          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

I learned to drive with a manual and have always had manual veichles. It just feels right. I recently had to help teach my SO to drive a stick. Not a very pretty sight.
            Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
              *Looks at auto tranny on truck*

*Notes the '2' and the '1' next to the 'D'*

Changing from 1 to 2 to D, kind of defeats the purpose of an automatic.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

In the manual gearstick:
                1,2,3,4,5 and R for Rally
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Aaglo - I don't drive means, I don't drive. Some people don't own cars because they take public transportation to work (get it?)

And the "I don't have a license yet" is for the younger kids on the board

25 manual to 10 auto...good choice poly
                  I see the world through bloodshot eyes
                  Streets filled with blood from distant lies.

Comment

I think the real world percentages for manual transmission usage is some 89% of cars in Europe, and only 16% in the US. I think those are early 90's numbers, too. It's so f*cked up here, that Lexus introduced the IS300 (225bhp) with no stick option, and Acura doesn't even have plans for a stick-shift for it's 3.2CL type-S (260-bhp), both of which are supposed to be BMW 3-series fighters. I don't know if that means much to anybody else, but it's bleeding ridiculus to me.

I want to know, do Europeans get top-tier Mercedes-Benz's with stick shift options? I am almost certain that if you ask, Mercedes will find a manual tranny to put in any model, but do Europeans see this on any window stickers?

Comment

A supposed "sports car" without a stick shift is an abomination!

Comment

The power band in my car is 6000-8000 revs and if I had an auto this would take out about 30% of my acceleration.

Can you tell I race cars

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch

Changing from 1 to 2 to D, kind of defeats the purpose of an automatic.
                          I like to think of it as 'enhancing the versitility without sacrificing the convenience'
                          No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I don't race, but it doesnt take much driving to figure out you can't take off in an auto like you can in a manual

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk
                              I like to think of it as 'enhancing the versitility without sacrificing the convenience'
                              Are you a used car salesman by any chance?
                              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Accelerating fast is useless anyway. It just means you have to stop quickly for the next light
                                Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Working...
                                X