Which group of whiners annoys you most?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Wiglaf shoots into first place!
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

The ever elusive banana. Now to become Ichiro no talk to press, leave Ichiro alone.

Comment

Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
          I just think they should stop having people swear to God when they take court oaths.
          Can't you affirm to tell the truth as a substitute for an oath to god? Not sure about court proceedings. And you can be sure no one will tell you about any options you may have. You'll have to ask.

- Scipio
          Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

If I'm ever called to testify I'll swear "on the many arms of Vishnu".
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by KrazyHorse
              If I'm ever called to testify I'll swear "on the many arms of Vishnu".

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio Centaurus
                Can't you affirm to tell the truth as a substitute for an oath to god? Not sure about court proceedings. And you can be sure no one will tell you about any options you may have. You'll have to ask.
                Well, for me, swearing to God has no weight at all.
                Giving my word when I explicitly pronounce that I give my word, however, holds a lot of weight
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

-People who whine about Middle East war protesters
                  -Christian Whiners who insist that that the government force their religion on others
                  -White American Whiners who think they're being discriminated against by affirmative action
                  -People who whine when told their joke is tasteless
                  -Whiners who buy wetlands and complain that they can't drain it all

That was fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Well, for me, swearing to God has no weight at all.
                    Giving my word when I explicitly pronounce that I give my word, however, holds a lot of weight
                    Verbalizing the oath to god without actually believing in god [or crossing your fingers or legs to neutralize the oath] will not in any way shield you from a perjury charge if you are later found to have not told the truth.

However, I agree that anyone who states that they will tell the truth should, of necessity, be taken at their word in a courtroom setting. People tell lies in courtrooms all the time anyway - and judges and juries make their own decisions on who they choose to believe, so an oath is little more than an amusing ritual to solemnify the procedings. Religion should play no part.

This might be actionable for someone with the ambition to make a case for separation of church and state. But that person will not be I.

- Scipio
                    Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

SUV whiners, definitely. Why? Becaue they bought the damned thing to begin with! Besides, SUV's cost a pretty penny, and hearing the well-off whine about prices is just like fingernails on the blackboard.

But you left off the most odious whiners of all: Christians who whine about Halloween being Satanic! They must all die, right now, preferably by swallowing a razor blade hidden in an apple.
                      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

the worst are people who whine about the government but don't vote
                        "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by faded glory
                          Christmas

You calling me a whiner?

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by FireDragon
                            Who voted Wiglaf?
                            Who didn't?

Comment

Ridiculous how this poll was slanted. I happen to oppose abortion, the apolyton moderators, the environment, harry potter, people who can't spell, and high salaries. Somehow, FireDragon, I think you knew that.

And the fact that 16 of you communists voted me in as a 'whiner' just shows the intellect and thought process of this swampfest...this hellhole. I demand you all start petitions in the community forum for the ability to change votes with little "I'm sorry wiggy" tags attached, if for this purpose alone. Ridiculous, and only a miracle granted by an admin will somewhat remedy your disgrace to this country's constitution and to yourselves.

Brats.

Comment

Originally posted by n.c.
                                -People who whine about Middle East war protesters
                                -Christian Whiners who insist that that the government force their religion on others
                                -White American Whiners who think they're being discriminated against by affirmative action
                                -People who whine when told their joke is tasteless
                                -Whiners who buy wetlands and complain that they can't drain it all

That was fun!
                                Wow, get this guy to the hospital because if his heart bleeds anymore, he'll die...

* Middle Eat war protesters? - Morons with nothing better to do than be maggots. It's too bad these people weren't invited to a morning tour of the WTC or the Pentagon on the 11th of September. Maybe then they'd have another perspective.

* How are Christians insisting that the Government force their religion on anyone? This simply isn't happening. Just because someone says the word "God" or "Christ" shouldn't offend you. If it does, seek counseling. Oh, and Merry Christmas too.

* Affirmitive Action is discrimination on the basis of race. It's 's that simple. Now whether you agree with the need for it or not is another story. But you don't get it both ways.

* Tasteless jokes? - Please. Get a life. You are offended by everything. I hear that you can pick up some ear plugs (if not a sense of humor) at Wal-Mart for $.98.

* Wetlands? - Oh you mean the farmer who's told that he can't plant on land within 300 yard of that puddle that dried up two days after it rained last week. What's wrong with the word 'swamp' anyway? Oh that's right, it would be hard to get a protest march up to save the 'swamp', wouldn't it?
                                What is best in life? Crush your enemy! See him driven before you. And to hear the lamentation of his women.

Comment

Working...
                                X