Unwritten Laws of the Off-Topic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unwritten Laws of the Off-Topic

I. Any thread, REGARDLESS of the original topic, will become a debate or discussion centering around the Second World War at some point, if allowed to go on long enough.

II. No matter how innocuous or average you thought a given opinion you held was, there will always be someone who is shocked and cannot understand how you can be so inhuman/stupid

IV.Debates about religion, especially drawn out and bombastic ones, are usually followed by someone claiming to be gay within a week or two.

V. The appearance of hard numbers, equations, or even facts is the quickest way to kill a thread....UNLESS someone is trying to argue with Roland...
    "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
    "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
    "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Well, I say!

Does anyone think old Colonel Stauffenberg would have been able to pull of that conspiracy against Hitler successfully if...

------------------
      ~Emperor Dominik~

~ Dominikos ~

Comment

The Germans won world war II, because of the equation E=MC2

...and Wiglaf is gay
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

IV.Debates about religion, especially drawn out and bombastic ones, are usually followed by someone claiming to be gay within a week or two.
          "Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy

Comment

Originally posted by orange
            ...and Wiglaf is gay

lol

Comment

I. Any thread, REGARDLESS of the original topic, will become a debate or discussion centering around the Second World War at some point, if allowed to go on long enough.
              Seriously, I think the Stauffenberg thing is certainly worthy of discussion...hmmm might have to make a thread on that...

II. No matter how innocuous or average you thought a given opinion you held was, there will always be someone who is shocked and cannot understand how you can be so inhuman/stupid
              Or in my case, no matter how outrageously out of line with most people you think your opinion is, there's always gonna be someone who disagrees more than most

You missed III

Hmm, then we need more religious debates, makes for good drama

V. The appearance of hard numbers, equations, or even facts is the quickest way to kill a thread....UNLESS someone is trying to argue with Roland...
              So THAT'S why Chris and I are the only ones still talking on my draft dodging thread
              Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
              Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

No they don't. Only threads about American foreign policy become Second World War debates. Every topic has it's specific homing point.

Debates about government become debates about libertarianism.

"Rights" debates become debates about either libertarianism or Founding Fathers.

Well, except for gay rights debates which become debates about Bible.

Economic debates become either libertarianism debates or Reagan debates.

And religious debates... aw man, do you except me to read those long buggers?

Unwritten law of Apolyton 5: Finnthread shall always live.
                "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
                "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

one day stefu. one day, the finnish thread shall join the coffeeshop in the seven circles. muahahaha
                  The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
                  -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

Comment

Originally posted by orange
                    The Germans won world war II, because of the equation E=MC2

...and Wiglaf is gay

Left wing half asser spy. It's people like you that defamed rainbows.

Comment

You forgot #III

All American posters who say something positive about the USA are Naieve Flag-waving red neck Morons, and all Europeans are hauty know-it-alls who are jealous/ungreatful for the USA's contribution to WW II.

#VI : Anything I say will provoke a violent response from Rogan Josh and vice versa.

#VII Any Slowwhand thread will have a post that knocks Texas/USA

#VIII Any Dookie thread will upset Americans somewhere along the way

#IX Any geopolitical debate will see Bob Dorman call someone a "Eurocom"

#X Any political thread will see a half page post by Che

#XI Any ME thread will have a giant post by MOBIUS listing Israeli war crimes

#XII Same thread will have giant post by one of the Israelis refuting MOBIUS' post

I'm sure there are more, but that's for someone else to post.
                      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

one of the saddest rules would have to be, CivNation will return somehow.

Comment

XIII: There will always be a thread subtitled "uh-huh" somewhere on the first three pages.
                          12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Killing it is the new killing it
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

III. Nobody will notice the paradoxality of that we are writing rules that we claim to be unwritten...

(though somebody will notice the paradoxality of the last statement)
                            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Don't forget that any thread about Macedonia or Hairy Greeks will be closed.
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X