Poly Paintings! Do you have any ART?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laurentius
    Jrabbit: Wow! She does all that? The one in your picture looks very nice, and yes the dimensions are visible, I've seen lot "hangy-downs" like that on my visits to the Fiskars village wich is mainly occupied by Finnish artists and artisans. Thats very cool

Got any other pics?
    Laurentius --

The mask-mobiles were a phase (sorry; "period") she went through a few years back. She started working with dowels, then went to found branches for a more natural look (and a more challenging balance job). She gave a few away as gifts, we hung a few in the house, and there are a few more making it difficult to walk in her (tiny) studio. We thought about marketing them, but she (understandably imo) hates the idea of doing art on command.

She also paints in acrylic. We have a lot of those. Got into stone sculpting a few years ago, which is more time consuming. and of course, you can't paint over your mistakes... So we have just a couple stone pieces.

Coolest thing is the wall that goes from our basement up to the 2nd floor. It's all a big sky-mural. Can't capture that, but will post another piece or two when I find the files tomorrow.

Your compliment is much appreciated.
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
      Who's that a picture of?
      Looks like John Madden to me.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Is that a triptych? What kind of material have you used in these? Do these have names? Have you had any exhibitions? Do you have a web site for your art Michael? Would you like to have one?

A Finnish artist Teemu Mäki uses a little similar mutilated "muscularity" in his works. His colours are very brutal though...

Can we have more?
        It's a faux triptych. The majority of the paintings are oil on linen canvas.

This is my website address, http://mcerion.tripod.com/. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.

This one I call "Tightrope".
        Attached Files
        "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."
        —Orson Welles as Harry Lime

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Looks like John Madden to me.
          Thank you, I knew somebody would know who it was.
          "In Italy for 30 years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed. But they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love. They had 500 years of democracy and peace. And what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Comment

Molly: Sounds like a very interesting collection! I'm dying to see some of those pics. Do you play that mbira too? And what about that Kali? Have you kept it satisfied?

Kali seems happy with the stuff I offer up to our beloved mods- you know, the odd black rooster, Christian missionary, et cetera.

The mbira is more decorative than anything else, unfortunately, but I do have a few recordings of mbira music.

Forget to mention the Peter Schmidt prints that came with Brian Eno's 'Before and After Science' and the Russell Mills' print that came with 'More Blank Than Frank' .
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

As promised, here's another piece that hangs in our house. Again, my wife is the artist...
              Attached Files
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by MosesPresley

It's a faux triptych. The majority of the paintings are oil on linen canvas.

This is my website address, http://mcerion.tripod.com/. Please take a look at it and let me know what you think.
                I love them! Especially your latest works. "Man in a bar" is brilliant.

I'm gonna be honest here. I like the brush, I like it very much, its perhaps a bit grand wich with the coulours you've used perhaps gives a little cartoonish feell to some of the paintings. I'm not a big fan of Dali but surrealism is always great. You've managed to stay away from the most common pitfalls that so many other post dalists or enviromental surrealists fall victim to. Your paintins ahve at the same time attitude and humour in them and it works. Also some of the inks were fantastic. Especially this untitled one http://mcerion.tripod.com/b094.htm

I see you've got your fair share with the censorship. Thats sad reading but I guess its up to the restaurant owner to decide especially as I understood you hadnt got any written contract and you werent paying for the exhibition. Otherwise it would hsve been a clear breach of your contract. I'm not sure but if this happened in NYC I'm very surprised. From the paintings you have on your page there is not one painting I could imagineanyone could find even remotely offending. Even in "last call" the penis is somewhat deformed.

If I had money for an airline ticket I'd lve to be at the opening of your new exhibition.

Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                Coolest thing is the wall that goes from our basement up to the 2nd floor. It's all a big sky-mural. Can't capture that, but will post
                another piece or two when I find the files tomorrow.
                That sounds neat indeed. And the picture you posted, wich I guess is acrylic. Thats pretty, and she should definately keep on painting if it results in stuff as good as this. Anymore pics?
                Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

Comment

Thank you for your wonderful compliments on my artwork. I wished had more admirers like you. Wish me luck on my first NYC show, I am hoping to make a big impression on someone influential who take me to the next level.

I have not entirely shaken the Dali influence, it occasionally sneaks its way back into some of my paintings. My high school art teacher introduced me to Dali's work and in a large part I learned to paint by visiting his paintings in museums and copying the technique. It was only much later, that I learned what a reprehensible person he was in his private life and how hated he was by many in the arts community.

Now I am combining some other influences to come up with a whole new style for me. I am not there yet, but with a lot more work I should achieve my goal in a few years.

Comment

Some very intriguing stuff, Moses. Keep at it, and good luck with your show.

Comment

x
                      Last edited by MosesPresley; March 28, 2014, 01:53.

Comment

Working...
                      X