Poly Paintings! Do you have any ART?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poly Paintings! Do you have any ART?

Do you have any cool paintings? Do you paint yourself? Please post pics of your paintings/drawings you either own or have made.

I have 3 works of art hanging on my walls. The first one I bough when I was working at this art gallery on kalevankatu.

"Dawn"(1993) By Tiina Éno. My first painting.

The gallery is run by the The Helsinki Artists' Association wich also runs this place we call "taidelainaamo" where people can either buy paintings or pay a monhtly fee for them and rent them in this way. The painting, scupture or whatever object it might be will be theirs when they have paid what the object is worth in montly fees. So as a memeber of staff I got a nice 30% discount from the art I bought, in other words the comission the assosiation was asking for each object sold.

"Eye"(2002) By Tapio Tuominen. I always think thats the eye of some beautiful woman who lived in 13th century Florence. My second painting.

After moving out of Helsinki to study here at Turku I've bought only this one work of art, excluding design. About a month ago I heard about this new exhibition an Iranian Kurd Shafiqh Sheikh Mohammed who lives in Finland at the moment. I couldnt be at the opening though I doubt if there would have been any free wine anyway so it doesnt bother me so much. I went to see it after few days and immediately fell in love with this beautiful piece of art.

Wich is actually a wood mosaic made of different kinds of wood in somekind of polyerster laquer. I...it has this feeling of japanese simplicity in it and maybe at the same time flavours of Persian poetry (wich was apparently his favourite subject) and maybe a little art nouveau too. So I just had to have it, and now I'm broke.

"Curlew"(2004) By Shafiqh Sheikh Mohammed. My latest aquisition. photo taken from side to avoid reflections.

Your turn.
    Last edited by laurentius; February 15, 2005, 11:03.
    Que l’Univers n’est qu’un défaut dans la pureté de Non-être.

- Paul Valery

"Death's end" by Ken Kelly hangs on my wall
    Attached Files
    The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

I kind of like this:
      Attached Files
      Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
      The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

What is it? Who has done it? Do you have it?

- Paul Valery

Comment

It's by Pollock. I only have it in electronic format, unfortunately.

As for what it is, your guess is as good as mine.

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
          The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Last Conformist's is a Jackson Pollock

Comment

Teh xpost!

Comment

I've got about 10 gig of "art"... not including DVD's I've downloaded.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

It's fractals.
                  Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                  "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

We've got lots of art around the house, but I don't have a camera.

I thought this was going to be about art you (or we), personally, have made.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I thought this was going to be about art you (or we), personally, have made.

While I haven't made anything I would really be comfortable calling art, I do happen to have a picture of the first two substantial pots that I've made (which have yet to be fired and glazed, and aren't even dried in this picture).

Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Very nice

handicrafts are welcome too of course

- Paul Valery

Comment

Pottery. Especially Lydian pottery! (Laurentius should get the joke. )

Comment

I'm a big fan of the Group of Seven, esp. Lawren Harris.
                            Attached Files
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Nuclear
                              Pottery. Especially Lydian pottery! (Laurentius should get the joke. )

Yep pottery is great, phoenician glass is ok too I guess

I got this little vase as a gift from my friend who is an artist. Its pretty small but very beautiful, its charcoal colour from outside and glassed deep purple form inside. I have it on my parents house atm but will take it with me next time I visit there and take a better picture than that.
                              Attached Files

- Paul Valery

Comment

Working...
                              X