Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and who can forget this:

Comment

He was the best. I was listening this morning and on one show they said he occasionally wrote some jokes for letterman. When letterman used them he always followed the punch line with Carson's trademark golf swing. I thought that was just paying tribute, not acknowledging the source. He'll be missed.
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well, since he's been retired for a decade, it's hard for me to be as sad as when he retired.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Noone could pilot a desk like Johnny Carson. He always came across as a decent and caring man, which is why I think people opened up to him in the interviews.

Comment

"Take the Ventura Freeway to another freeway until you get to the Slauson cutoff. Stop the car. Get out of your car. Cut off your Slauson. Get back in your car and travel until you come to ...the FORK in the road."

Gotta love Art Fern.
            Last edited by gunkulator; January 24, 2005, 14:40.

Comment

Damn that chick has a big chest...

Comment

He seemed like a nice guy, but I always thought he was enormously over-rated. Even in high school I thought most of the jokes in his famous monologues were utterly lame.

However, one thing I appreciated was his enthusiasm for debunking psychics and the like. For instance, he worked closely with James Randi to show that Uri Geller (who, back in the 70s was widely believed to be a genuine psychic) was a phoney. Few other talk show hosts (even today) are willing to do so.
                Official Homepage of the HiRes Graphics Patch for Civ2

Comment

Originally posted by bfg9000
                  Damn that chick has a big chest...

Comment

I believe her name is Carol Wayne. Johnny used her for various recurring characters in his skits, like the Art Fern Tea Time Movies. Oddly enough, she always played a dumb blonde...

Comment

She died about 10 years ago.

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

From spinal injuries caused by excessive body imbalance.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X