R.I.P. Johnny Carson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Johnny Carson

MSNBC is reporting that Jonny Carson has died of emphysema. No details yet, but it's listed as breaking news.

So long, Johnny.

Sigh... He entertained people for many years... the king of late night talk shows. Nobody was better!
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Whenever I was up late enough when I was in high school, I watched Carson.

RIP, Johnny.
      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

It's official:

RIP Johnny

No ack.
        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Johnny
            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Late night was never the same after he left.

RIP Johnny.

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

johnny gone to entertain the angels.
                "If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun." -Katherine Hepburn

Comment

Attached Files
                  We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I remember staying up and watching his show when I was a kid. Though summertime was really the only time I could stay up that late when I was young.

class act

Comment

Keep on Civin'

Comment

I admit I only learned who he was after he'd already stopped doing the Tonight Show, but he was one of the greats of TV entertainment, I know that much.

He will be missed by many.

Comment

Carnac says...

A true icon...
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Shortly before he retired, they had a syndicated daily show highlighting his thirty years of skits on the Tonight Show. I think it was called Carson's Comedy Classics. That may still be floating around somewhere.
                            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

where did they get that hat anyways?

Comment

Working...
                              X