Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arnie's Austrian citizenship to be terminated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you are a dual citizen, and your two countries declare war on each other, what happens?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• You have a problem, but it is your problem to resolve.

No nation should be using citizenship for coercion against citizens. That is the consensus since 1945.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Move to a third?
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• That's one solution.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by GePap
            Or maybe, their outrage is real, hence why they have been trying to rename Schwartzenegger stadium for so long, and this just adds to their outrage.

Its called not making assumptions, maybe you should stop reading between the lines, because most of the time, there isn't anything there. And the only way you can even read between the lines correctly would be to have a good understanding of actual or possible values and aims.

In the end, you have no clue, and if your entire arguement is "I read between the lines", well, that's a piss poor arguement, now isn't it?

Yeah, they're so outraged at Kurt "I Hitler" Waldheim, too. Oh wait, no, they've still got stuff named after him in Austria. He's still their favorite former UN Gen Sec and former President.

Actually, their outrage is real. Really stupid, but real nonetheless. Wouldn't lift a damn finger to stop the genocide just across the border in former Yugoslavia, but let an expatriot fail to kiss their lilly-white arses on the DP and that just tears it.

So, smartypants, what are the possible "values and aims." Do you think this action will have any influence on Ahnold's policies? On California law? On US law? Nope, this is purely to make the pansies feel morally superior without actually having to do anything of value.
            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• I don't know if you're american straybow, but that's so typical of it.

First holding our pasts before our eyes and telling us how bad we aren't and the wars and genocide and SS and nazi and then expecting we'd not hesitate in starting more attacks and wars and dropping more bombs.

Either you expect us to forget about Waldheim and Hitler and WW2 and WW1 and 30-year war and 100-year war and 7-year war and roman conquest and thousands of other quarrelings and fightings OR you want us to remind constantly so that we are stunned in the light of our brutal history.

Many of us have come to the point where they say: It's over, that was our history, so what, we need to get on nevertheless and try to look forward instead of backward all the time. But the intellectuals here don't and they don't realize that we should move on and remind us constantly where we came from. BUT more important is what we ARE! Cause we have changed and we need to free us from our past so that we can act in the future. Otherwise we'd always cringe in fear as to not become again what we were once.

Pointing out that our actions in the past have been so bad and then expecting us that we continue applying these methods, doesn't work.

As for the other, I don't deny that a feeling of superior morals was part of the cause, but that is arguing around the topic. We have a constitution, Arnold is an austrian citizen and bound by austrian laws. If he violates them and seems to follow another constitution and other laws, why is it necessary to still have an austrian citizenship? This is just some superficial ****. We all know that Arnold and Austria have little in common, but anyone making a step like this would make it all clear to everyone, so they (both arnold there and the government here) hide it.
              The "pansies" tried to get things straight, I'd be tempted to conclude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                [Q] Originally posted by GePap
                Yeah, they're so outraged at Kurt "I Hitler" Waldheim, too. Oh wait, no, they've still got stuff named after him in Austria. He's still their favorite former UN Gen Sec and former President.

Actually, their outrage is real. Really stupid, but real nonetheless. Wouldn't lift a damn finger to stop the genocide just across the border in former Yugoslavia, but let an expatriot fail to kiss their lilly-white arses on the DP and that just tears it.

So, smartypants, what are the possible "values and aims." Do you think this action will have any influence on Ahnold's policies? On California law? On US law? Nope, this is purely to make the pansies feel morally superior without actually having to do anything of value.

See what you did, you made me waste my time clicking on twice, no, thrice!
                If you don't like reality, change it! me
                "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• In other words you can't deny it.

As for the other, I don't deny that a feeling of superior morals was part of the cause, but that is arguing around the topic. We have a constitution, Arnold is an austrian citizen and bound by austrian laws. If he violates them and seems to follow another constitution and other laws, why is it necessary to still have an austrian citizenship?

So the Austrian constitution says that anyone who acts contrary to one article in it as a resident in a foreign country gets their citizenship revoked?
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kontiki
                    I don't think anyone should have dual citizenship anyway, so meh.

Oh, shush. My girlfriend has quadruple citizenship and I have dual. Muwahahahhahah. All your countries are belong to us.
                    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Straybow
                      So the Austrian constitution says that anyone who acts contrary to one article in it as a resident in a foreign country gets their citizenship revoked?

Well I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
                      Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood

Comment

• Ah, so then the Austrian constitution is just a tool of expedience, one which can be discarded whenever shallow, self-serving moralization is at stake?

Or is it that moralization of those who oppose the DP is good, whereas the moralization that the DP is the ultimate affirmation of the value of the lives the criminal took cannot be good?

BUT more important is what we ARE! Cause we have changed and we need to free us from our past so that we can act in the future. Otherwise we'd always cringe in fear as to not become again what we were once.

But you are cringing in fear. That is exactly what the anti-DP angst is all about. You fear that taking life under due process of law is letting the demon out of the box. You fear it is a demon which you won't be able to control. You fear it is bigger than you are.

It isn't unless you keep telling yourselves that you can't handle it. You never learn to face the demon and win. You try to deny it's even there in the box because you're too "civilized." That only works if you are lucky and never have to face it.

Comment

• No, we just feel that we need no DP to get our crime rates under control

Comment

• Like I said, it only works if you are lucky and never have to face it.

Comment

• So, you say that politics is all about being lucky?

playing the straybow-game of twisting words

Comment

Working...
                              X