Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lawrence of Arabia
    they should prolly fire everyone.
    The new director is doing a bit of that.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

• that two bit political nomination?
      "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

• Originally posted by chegitz guevara
        Meh. India and China will PWN us both in a century.

Every model predicts this to be the case. But the British empire thought the same thing.

Nobody is taking into account that Communism is cracking and the economic/political rollercoaster expierenced by china after the communists fall will be very extreme(Business wont stay). Nobody is addressing the population problem in china. The One child/boy policy will be a MASSIVE problem 20 years down the line without importing tons of chicks. More importantly I give china and tiawan 10 years to get this thing figured out before its full war.

China's Rise isnt gaurunteed.

But at some point in the future I can gauruntee our fall. Be it 50-100 years america will fall from the top. Sooner if we occupy anymore middle-eastern country.

Another thing I can gaurunty is the overrunning of Europe by immigrants in my time. Europeans in europe dont want to survive. They are not reproducing anymore. Let the weak die.
        http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OLHMHMB&key=RRK

:-(

Comment

• China relaxed the one child policy ages ago. Even when it was rigorously enforced, it was never that successful, anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeBro
            I just woke up today and thought "I wonder if the EU still exists"

Comment

• If the Euros would just start ******** a bit more half of their problems would be solved.
              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• BTW I don't see any senerio where the EU breaks down. Economic stagnation sure but not breaking down.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chemical Ollie

In the other thread, we concluded that the other Scandinavian countries introduced welfare systems despite being in the war. While staying out of the war was beneficial, it wasn't essential for the welfare state.

Berz was an ass, accusing us for freeriding on USA and using **** insults. That's the reason he was flamed back and not taken seriously.
                  Neither Norway not Denmark fought much. They lost their freedom, yes. But their gold sat safe in British, American, and Swiss vaults; it was not blown on arms. Nor were their territories devastated by warfare.

At any rate, the article's view of the place of the war and the aftermath in Sweden's wealth and the ability to fund social programs wasn't really touched upon. It was all but ignored among the bombs going off re the Royal Navy and Sea Lion, or the accusation that some people were later day Nazis, and the rest of the shouting.

Berz was being abrasive though, so you are right about something.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Question: if foreigners can move to the EU and take advantage of EU's welfare state, can EUers move about to similarly take advantage of high welfare?

Ditto jobs. Can people migrate to regions of the EU where there are more jobs?
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• There is free movement for jobs. Dunno about welfare.

Comment

• EU-citizens are free to move between member states, with exception of the new members for which there's a transition period. In many cases they'll even enjoy rights to which immigrants from outside the union cannot appeal. (voting rights on local level for instance)
                        There are some arrangements wrt social security too but I'm not too sure about specifics.
                        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

• CIA!! Baff!

They also said Iraq and Sadam opposed a serious treath by having nuclear weapons!

Isen't it time to fire CIA and call in the all new and fancy secret organization Strategic Support Branch, SSB!

(sorry, didn't have time to read through all the posts so if someone allready said this I'm sorry, ok?)
                          This is my principles! If you don't like them I have others!
                          I'm not afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens.
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

• What the EU needs is a common enemy to galvanize them.

Wait, we are being dumbasses and making ourselves that enemy.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• No, Ted, that would be just you.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• That doesn't even make sense.

Nice try though.
                                We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X