Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush to Americans: 'Serve a cause larger than yourself.' (Official Inaugural Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• His speech reminded me of cold war rhetoric. He was justifying Imperialism. Freedom is not the end all. You can not go around conquering nations and toturing people and pretend that you are fighting for a greater good. He was talking about making the world free by conquering nations, but we never invaded Iraq to make it free. We invaded them for Bush's own needs. He's so full of **** his eyes are turning brown.
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
      His speech reminded me of cold war rhetoric. He was justifying Imperialism. Freedom is not the end all. You can not go around conquering nations and toturing people and pretend that you are fighting for a greater good. He was talking about making the world free by conquering nations, but we never invaded Iraq to make it free. We invaded them for Bush's own needs. He's so full of **** his eyes are turning brown.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Winston
        I liked this inaugural speech. It was very visionary, idealistic even,
        That's part of why I don't like it.
        Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
        The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

• Originally posted by Kidicious
          He was talking about making the world free by conquering nations,
          No, he specifically said that we wouldn't force nations to be democratic through military conquest:

"This is not primarily the task of arms, though we will defend ourselves and our friends by force of arms when necessary. Freedom by its nature must be chosen and defended by citizens and sustained by the rule of law and the protection of minorities. "
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

• Yes, freedom in other nations must be chosen by the citizens.

Of the United States.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava
              If anyone still believes in the nonsense about "the liberal media", then you should have watched CNN's coverage of the inauguration. Utter propaganda and Bush-ass-licking.
              You should´ve watched Fox News
              Obviously they had Judy Bachrach as Guest Commentator.

She went on to critizise Bush (and his inauguration parties) and countered every attempts of the Fox-Moderator who was with her in the studio to show Bush in a good light, so that Fox at one point decided, to stop the broadcast

Here´s a Transcript (but only in german)
              40 Millionen Dollar kostete der Party-Marathon zur Amtseinführung George W. Bushs. Während der US-TV-Sender Fox mitjubelte, kam es vor laufender Kamera zum Eklat: "Vanity Fair"-Autorin Bachrach kritisierte Bush so stark, dass die Fox-Moderatorin schließlich das Gespräch abrupt beendete. SPIEGEL ONLINE hat den Dialog übersetzt.

and here a link to the original video:
              On Fox News Channel, you’re free to speak about the coronation of George W… unless you’ve got the nerve to criticize Dear Leader. Then you get a Fox News MeltdownTM. View the video here at IFilm…
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Working...
              X