Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bush to Americans: 'Serve a cause larger than yourself.' (Official Inaugural Thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes, I have been drinking a bit

were their protestors?

I would bet so, but I didn't know

I thought about going down and protesting, than decided that it wouldn't do any good

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

Of course the war against terror is, then spreading democracy. That is what a lot of what this speech was about.
      I hate to break it to you, Giancarlo, but spreading democracy was a byproduct of othe aims. Kinda like fertilizer is a byproduct of raising cattle.

Don;t get me wrong, I'm all for democracy and fertilizer both, but neither was anywhere near the primary aim in the local instance.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo

Have you been drinking? I'm not trying to be offensive but just am curious.
        Pay attention children...

Own Goal!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by notyoueither

I hate to break it to you, Giancarlo, but spreading democracy was a byproduct of othe aims. Kinda like fertilizer is a byproduct of raising cattle.

Don;t get me wrong, I'm all for democracy and fertilizer both, but neither was anywhere near the primary aim in the local instance.
          I would actually be fine with it if it was about democracy

and was done well

this is done poorly

and isn't set up to encourage democracy

as such, I am against it (in general, so on the surface I am sort of apathetic about the whole going into iraq thing)

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN
          GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

But we are talking about this speech and that is what was highlighted as a primary goal.
            For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• ok, so good speech

but does it seem to be relevant?

or only propaganda?

Jon miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

None of the commies seem to be around, so I'll point out to Gia that spreading democracy was not number one on the agenda.
                I am around, though I think it is obvious to any rational person that the GWB administration doesn't care about democracy. It's just window dressing, just like terrorism is the new bogeyman.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• All I can say Giancarlo, is that I hope that Bush is putting his own Iraq policy out with the trash and adopting a different course. Of course Iraq is already yours. You broke it, you fix it.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

• It is damn relevant, and it is not being done poorly.
                    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

I am around, though I think it is obvious to any rational person that the GWB administration doesn't care about democracy. It's just window dressing, just like terrorism is the new bogeyman.
                      No, that would just be propaganda from Beijing, or Paris.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

All I can say Giancarlo, is that I hope that Bush is putting his own Iraq policy out with the trash and adopting a different course. Of course Iraq is already yours. You broke it, you fix it.
                        Absolutely not. The current policy in Iraq is a working policy and I give you scorn for suggesting otherwise. We didn't break anything. Iraq was already broken. And it isn't mine. It is the people of Iraq.

Comment

• yeah

I really hope that he has changed

since he was voted in

but I wouldn't betg on it

Jon Miller
                          Jon Miller-
                          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

No, that would just be propaganda from Beijing, or Paris.
                            You are not a rational person. QED
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Miller
                              yeah

I really hope that he has changed

since he was voted in

but I wouldn't betg on it

Jon Miller
                              I wouldn't bet against it, after the last year. You'd have to be a moron of biblical proportions to think that all had gone well.

Good people make mistakes. Even average people learn from them.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Ranger

You are not a rational person. QED
                                depends on if you thought that a continued adherence to Mao and his heirs as a good government were rational, in my abrasive opinion.
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X