Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For those who like to criticize the Mac Mini. . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You prove me wrong. Your mini trash doesn't even compete with a Celeron. That's very sad. And since when is MS a part of this? I hate Internet Explorer for one. Windows 2000 and XP are good, but that's all what I like from Microsoft. Additionally, I'm sticking by AMD in this round because they make better CPUs, and the Sempron kicks the G4 which is in the Mini Mac to hell.
    For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

You know, I just can't wait to see the sales figures on this thing.
      Another article from Macworld. Weren't they the people that posted the article in the OP, which was shown to be misleading and basically totally wrong?

I don't see any sales statistics or figures, so it's a pointless article.

How much do you want to bet it'll be like the iMac Lamp and iMac G5, with incredible sales/shortages for the first month and then a huge, steep drop off.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Alright. You missed my point completely:

Originally posted by Giancarlo
        This is why the article is not right.
        Really? Well, how does that prove anything? People use to say the iPod wouldn't sell because it has inferior hardware--they said things like because it lacked an AM/FM tuner and such that it wouldn't sell, but it sold better than anyone ever expected. As a matter of fact some people still criticize the iPod, but iPod sales continue to remain very strong against it's competitors.

I think it's a little premature to say if this article is inacurrate or not. The Mac Mini was only released a couple of weeks ago. It will be a while before anyone can make any sound judgement on what the sales figures are gonna be like for the long haul. Trying to make predictions about sales figures so early on is a fool's game.

I'd be careful about making predictions because if you turn out to be wrong, it will come back to haunt you later.
        HAVE A DAY.
        <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
        "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
        For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Alright. You missed my point completely:

Really? Well, how does that prove anything? People use to say the iPod wouldn't sell because it has inferior hardware--they said things like because it lacked an AM/FM tuner and such that it wouldn't sell, but it sold better than anyone ever expected. As a matter of fact some people still criticize the iPod, but iPod sales continue to remain very strong against it's competitors.
          The article does not provide specifics. It just claims something. It doesn't provide evidence nor specifics to back itself up. In this case the Mini Mac does not equal the Ipod. We are talking about a useless barebones computer here with is beloved 32MB 1998-era video card.

I think it's a little premature to say if this article is inacurrate or not. The Mac Mini was only released a couple of weeks ago. It will be a while before anyone can make any sound judgement on what the sales figures are gonna be like for the long haul. Trying to make predictions about sales figures so early on is a fool's game.
          A little premature? Then why do you post it? To prove your non-existent point? The Mac Mini, or Mini Mac, or whatever the hell they call thing, will be a complete flop for several reasons.

1) Crappy video card
          2) Crappy CPU
          3) Generic parts (RAM)
          4) Inability to upgrade

I'd be careful about making predictions because if you turn out to be wrong, it will come back to haunt you later.
          Look at yourself. You will be haunted later.
          For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

Just what do you think your article is doing.

The very headline is making a prediction based on nothing but speculation.
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

• I am once again blown away by the stupidity of the rabid Mac fanbase, or more specifically the idiots who run their websites.

This is perhaps the most stupid article I've ever seen, with so many stupid, obvious flaws I wouldn't even know where to begin: http://osviews.com/modules.php?op=mo...ticle&sid=3243

This is really a remarkable psychological case study. Why do these people have such blind loyalty to a company they pay so much money to? Why do they make patently ridiculous claims and assertions and articles to promote and justify a product they make no money off of? Perplexing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher

This is really a remarkable psychological case study. Why do these people have such blind loyalty to a company they pay so much money to? Why do they make patently ridiculous claims and assertions and articles to promote and justify a product they make no money off of? Perplexing.
                I don't think we will ever know..

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
                  In this case the Mini Mac does not equal the Ipod. We are talking about a useless barebones computer here with is beloved 32MB 1998-era video card.
                  Yeah, you keep talking about inferior hardware, but that's really beside the point. It's the sales figures that matter.

A little premature? Then why do you post it? To prove your non-existent point? The Mac Mini, or Mini Mac, or whatever the hell they call thing, will be a complete flop for several reasons.

1) Crappy video card
                  2) Crappy CPU
                  3) Generic parts (RAM)
                  4) Inability to upgrade

Look at yourself. You will be haunted later.
                  More inferior hardware rhetoric, as usual.

And FWIW, I'm optimistic, but I'm not making any predictions.
                  HAVE A DAY.
                  "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
                  For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Just what do you think your article is doing.

The very headline is making a prediction based on nothing but speculation.
                    Did you miss this link in the article?: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050122/80/fau3l.html

An IDC analyst made a prediction, not Macworld.

The links in the article show where Macworld is really getting it's information. Try clicking on them.
                    HAVE A DAY.

Comment

Did you miss this link in the article?: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050122/80/fau3l.html

An IDC analyst made a prediction, not Macworld.

The links in the article show where Macworld is really getting it's information. Try clicking on them.
                      Nice try, but the IDC analyst said:
                      "I believe the Mac mini is actually going to have more of an impact on Apple's market share position than their digital music efforts have so far,"

Which is certainly not the same as
                      Mac mini leads Windows switch

Another case of the Reality Distortion Field inserting content into articles the Macheads want to read, but isn't there...

Comment

Yeah, you keep talking about inferior hardware, but that's really beside the point. It's the sales figures that matter.

More inferior hardware rhetoric, as usual.

And FWIW, I'm optimistic, but I'm not making any predictions.
                        More inferior hardware rhetoric? Dude this ins't rhetoric. An ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB is quite pathetic. Shame on Apple for ripping people off.

Apple's sale figures of the Mac Mini will be very poor.

Comment

Nice try, but the IDC analyst said:
                          "I believe the Mac mini is actually going to have more of an impact on Apple's market share position than their digital music efforts have so far,"

Which is certainly not the same as
                          Mac mini leads Windows switch

Another case of the Reality Distortion Field inserting content into articles the Macheads want to read, but isn't there...
                          HAVE A DAY.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giancarlo
                            More inferior hardware rhetoric? Dude this ins't rhetoric. An ATI Radeon 9200 with 32MB is quite pathetic. Shame on Apple for ripping people off.

Apple's sale figures of the Mac Mini will be very poor.
                            Ok, whatever dude, but don't come crying to me if you're prediction turns out to be wrong.
                            HAVE A DAY.

Comment

• Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

This is perhaps the most stupid article I've ever seen, with so many stupid, obvious flaws I wouldn't even know where to begin: http://osviews.com/modules.php?op=mo...ticle&sid=3243
                                That's the one. A Mac fan posted the link to it in a mailing list I follow, and I made note of some of the more blatant flaws. My main point was that comparing prices with a low-end DIY machine was stupid, because Dell's low-end boxen are cheaper than an equivalent DIY. He replied that the Celeron D isn't as good as the G4, to which I responded (link included) that the Celeron D doesn't have anything to do with it, since the Dimension 3000, then at US$500 (including monitor), had a Pentium 4 520.

He spent the rest of the discussion harping on the Celeron D, how you can build a machine that's almost as cheap as the Dimension 3000 using a Celeron D and other parts from Froogle, how the Dimension 3000 (still!) saves money by using CPUs like the Celeron D... It was unbelievable. I'm ashamed to say that it took me 4 rounds back-and-forth before I disengaged.

SP
                                I got the Jete from C.C. Sabathia. : Jon Miller

Comment

Working...
                                X