Point me to the outrage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Point me to the outrage

Where was the poly thread about this conservative commentator that got paid $250,000 by the Department of Education to speak for No Child Left Behind? Anyone?

I mean, with all the salivating we had from the right about CBS, one would think the keepers of "journalistic integrity" would have loudly jumped out to denounce such a grievous act, like the Government paying commentators with taxpayer dollars to shill for their own policies...

So, where was the thread?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

I imagine this is it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
      I imagine this is it.
      Well, that is sad, since the story came out early in the week.

You would think revelations of the government using $250,000 to pay pundits to shill for their policies would cause great outrage- I know a few posters who like to pontificate about "journalistic integrity". I am dissappointed they did not continue doing their "job".

Comment

You would think revelations of the government using $250,000 to pay pundits to shill for their policies would cause great outrage

Only if you're an idiot.

Comment

So young, yet so cynical...

You should move to NYC.

Comment

i heard about this, but i wasn't posting on apolyton at the time.

i figured sava or someone else would have posted it.

you know why there's no outrage?

because bush is t3h r0x0r, and he can do no wrong.
            B♭3

Comment

Armstrong Williams is not a journalist, but I agree this was outrageous. For those who don't know, Armstrong is a black conservative from S Carolina and was friends, perhaps employee of at one time, with Strom Thurmond. According to Armstrong anyway... He's also one of these people who ooze religion and morality so we have yet another hypocrite to sneer at.

Comment

On a sidenote, under Reagan we saw the beginning of the militarization of law enforcement (drug war) which resulted in Waco, Ruby Ridge and the bombing in Okla City, etc., now we're apparently seeing the CIAzation of other bureaucracies - s black budget for the Dept of Education? Or did Congress specifically pass an expenditure to bribe commentators? Of course, Congress gives other groups/people money, like AARP.

Comment

I'm just no longer shocked by corruption in banana republics.
                  Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                  -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Incidentally, the WSJ (carried by pundits on TV like that paragon of journalistic ethics Bob Novak and Falafal) recently published an article asserting that Dean paid a couple bloggers to secretly shill for him in an attempt to draw some kind of equivalence between Dean and Dear Leader. Of course, if they spent a tiny bit of effort to check their single source, they would've found that one of the bloggers shut down his site while working for the Dean campaign, and the other displayed on his site a prominent disclaimer that he was working for the Dean campaign. No retractions from the WSJ have been forthcoming. Much less, resignations.
                    "Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
                    -Bokonon

Comment

Novak

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

250 000 to speak? Hey, for 100 000, I'd speak there too, and bet your tight buttocks that everyone would go home wanting to praise the education and no child left behind, for they lives sake.
                        In da butt.
                        "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                        THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                        "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Yeah, I heard about this as well... I was outraged when I heard of it . I didn't think of a Poly thread though.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I did
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

face it, conservatives know how to run a country better than liberals.

no child left behind

Comment

Working...
                              X