US Troops Destroy Babylon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    Babylon was destroyed by the Assyrians in 689bc so you can't blame the Americans.
    Thanks for the smile, AH. I needed that.

Gatekeeper
    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

• Originally posted by Agathon
      On a more serious note, this is terrible. These are world heritage sites IIRC. How would the US feel if someone decided to burn down Paul Revere's house?
      They would anticipate the enemy to come by land?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bkeela
        It's news like this that makes news of US war casualties all the sweeter.
        Only to *******s.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
          This is a ****ing outrage . Tortured civilians, murderous insurgents and barbarian occupiers can be replaced, Babylon cannot. The only thing history will remember of this ill-fated exercise in American Machiaveillism and military/patriotic stupidity will be the defiling of this site and the complete ****-up of the Middle East and West-Islam relations for generations to come .
          There's perspective for you. Kill, maim, and torture people, but now you've filled sandbags full of old rocks. You have gone too far!
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

• The last time any other nation thought that America should be in a war, was when the Nazis were 15 miles outside of Paris.

The United States occupation of Japan, Germany and Korea sure devastated those cultures and way of life.

Oh BTW - I am sure that the US government would accept payment of all the lend lease for WW2 loans anytime now.
            You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
            We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

• D-Day Invasion Reported Today

June 6, 1944. -NORMANDY- Three hundred French civilians were killed and thousands more wounded today in the first hours of America's invasion of continental Europe. Casualties were heaviest among women and children.

Most of the French casualties were the result of artillery fire from American ships attempting to knock out German fortifications prior to the landing of hundreds of thousands of U.S. troops Reports from a makeshift hospital in the French town of St. Mere Eglise said the carnage was far worse than the French had anticipated and reaction against the American invasion was running high. "We are dying for no reason," said a Frenchman speaking on condition of anonymity. "Americans can't even shoot straight. I never thought I'd say this, but life was better under Adolph Hitler."

The invasion also caused severe environmental damage. American troops, tanks, trucks and machinery destroyed miles of pristine shoreline and thousands of acres of ecologically sensitive wetlands. It was believed that the habitat of the spineless French crab was completely wiped out, threatening the species with extinction.

A representative of Greenpeace said his organization, which had tried to stall the invasion for over a year, was appalled at the destruction, but, not surprised.

"This is just another example of how the military destroys the environment without a second thought, " said Christine Moanmore.

"And it's all about corporate greed."

Contacted at his Manhattan condo, a member of the French government-in-exile who abandoned Paris when Hitler invaded said the invasion was based solely on American financial interests. "Everyone knows the President Roosevelt has ties to big beer," said Pierre LeWimp. "Once the German beer industry is conquered, Roosevelt's beer cronies will control the world market and make a fortune."

Administration supporters said America's aggressive actions were based in part on the assertions of controversial scientist Albert Einstein, who sent a letter to Roosevelt speculating that the Germans were developing a secret weapon, a so-called "atomic bomb." Such a weapon could produce casualties on a scale never seen before and cause environmental damage that could last for thousands of years.

Hitler has denied having such a weapon and international inspectors were unable to locate such weapons even after spending two long weekends in Germany. Shortly after the invasion began reports surfaced that German prisoners had been abused by Americans. Mistreatment of Jews by Germans at so-called "concentration camps" has been rumored but so far, remains unproven.

Several thousand Americans died during the first hours of the invasion and French officials are concerned that uncollected corpses pose a public health risk. "The Americans should have planned for this in advance," they said. "It's their mess and we don't intend to clean it up."
              You have made peace with the evil Wheredehekowi tribe-we demand you tell us if they are a tribe that is playing this scenario.
              We also agree not to crush you, if you teach us the tech of warp drive and mental telepathy and give 10 trinkets

Comment

• If true then that would be a nice change.
                If it is filth then it is surely the finest. Your nation should be honoured; I demand ticker tape!

There's perspective for you. Kill, maim, and torture people, but now you've filled sandbags full of old rocks. You have gone too far!
                You think I'm joking?
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Originally posted by Whaleboy
                  You think I'm joking?
                  We know that you are not joking but we also know that you are a joke.
                  Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• *maniacal, and yet camp laugh*

No.
                    "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                    "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
                      Babylon was destroyed by the Assyrians in 689bc so you can't blame the Americans.
                      Thanks for the smile, AH. I needed that.

Gatekeeper
                      And again I repeat myself: Making excuses for inexcusable behaviour.

"Everyone has done it, so why can't we?" is, always has been, and forever shall be a bullsh*t defense.
                      The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• The US troops went to the site TO PROTECT IT FROM DAMAGE AND LOOTING, not to cause more damage and loot it themselves.
                        The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Comment

• Originally posted by beingofone
                          The last time any other nation thought that America should be in a war, was when the Nazis were 15 miles outside of Paris.

The United States occupation of Japan, Germany and Korea sure devastated those cultures and way of life.

Oh BTW - I am sure that the US government would accept payment of all the lend lease for WW2 loans anytime now.
                          Oh look, a big bag of bollocks. Atavistic endevour ROKS.

1/ This is Iraq, not Japan or France.
                          2/ AFAIK The allied forces didn't desecrate any archeological sites during the period of occupation after WW2. The Russians maybe, the bombing of Dresden sure. They were also crimes. Surely you're not saying they had do destroy Babylon to save it?
                          3/ By your logic, we should be supporting the Russians in Chechnya, because of them saving our asses in WW2.

Read some books(any without pictures would be a start), and come back with some better arguments.
                          Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

• While I find the news sad, I'm not too much appaled by it. Babylon has been destroyed plenty of times. It's very likely that almost all of its tresures and of its historical hints have been lost to destruction and pillage; the archeologists of today have but traces of what Babylon could have offered if it hadn't been repeatedly destroyed. I don't think the American damage on Babylon will significantly raise the humongous losses the city has already experienced.

What saddens me is not that a military force is further damaging a world heritage site. What really saddens me is that I thought we, in the developed countries, evolved to the point of really valuing our heritage, and really understanding the importance of keeping it for future generations. It's really sad to see we continue not to care about it
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Gatekeeper

Re-read my g*d*mn post again, UR. Did you see the part about "not the brightest thing in the world"? Good.

Others being upset? Yeah, I guess upset in a rabid, screw-all-the-Americans-they're-the-source-of-all-evil sort of way.

Gatekeeper
                              But they are aren't they - i thought we all knew that

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4185205.stm - its all in black+white, so dont act too surprised. Your just going to have to accept that you are no longer on the side of Luke Skywalker and Ben Kenobi - Darth Vader and storm Troopers are what you've become
                              'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evil Knevil

Oh look, a big bag of bollocks. Atavistic endevour ROKS.

1/ This is Iraq, not Japan or France.
                                2/ AFAIK The allied forces didn't desecrate any archeological sites during the period of occupation after WW2. The Russians maybe, the bombing of Dresden sure. They were also crimes. Surely you're not saying they had do destroy Babylon to save it?
                                3/ By your logic, we should be supporting the Russians in Chechnya, because of them saving our asses in WW2.

Read some books(any without pictures would be a start), and come back with some better arguments.
                                We had an atavistic adventure - trying to save Europe from the well known surefast diplomatic agreement of 1937.
                                " I believe we shall have peace in our time". - Neville Chamberlain after the agreement signed with Hitler.

1- your grasp of geography is amazing.
                                2- you only missed the point by say oh, a trillion light years.
                                3- No I just grow tired of hearing all the propaganda spewed out by almost all news media that brainwashes the little guppies into believing that simply because the US is a superpower they are evil. That the intentions of the US are always suspect and they hide ulterior motives.
                                Every policy should be apposed because it is US policy.

I suppose the desecration of an ancient site is far worse then saving thousands of victims of gas attacks and mayhem.

Comment

Working...
                                X