Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were right. Cuz' i said so. There.

White House says Iraq weapons search is over

Chief U.S. weapons hunter Charles Duelfer is to deliver his final report on the search next month. ''It's not going to fundamentally alter the findings of his earlier report,'' McClellan said, referring to preliminary findings from last September. Duelfer reported then that Saddam Hussein not only had no weapons of mass destruction and had not made any since 1991, but that he had no capability of making any either.
    Bush unapologetically defended his decision to invade Iraq.
    It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic.
    What?

Speaking from a British point of view, there really needs to be some top-level resignations in our government IMHO.

Comment

I think now it's clear that Saddam should be brought back to power.
      Blah

Comment

Maybe he can sue Bush?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Hmm. Are there any true believers in Saddam's WMD left on the forum? You know, the sort that point to that lab equipment buried under a tree, or that single vial of anthrax, or the odd rusty chemical shell that has turned up?

Comment

It seems clear that pliticians pressed the intelligence agencies to invent WMDs to support their rush to war.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by alva
              Maybe he can sue Bush?
              They play "Rock, Paper, Saddam" about it. If Saddam wins, he can rule Iraq again
              Blah

Comment

Good thing they're not playing chess then, at least now Bush still got a shot of winnin'.
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The latest theory in a series of theories:

The reason Iraq was invaded was because it would not recognize the state of Israel. Prior to the invasion American diplomats had promised Saddam that if he would just recognize Israel the US would refrain from invading.

Comment

Richelieu:
                    How is it tragic? You know the Wommdies have never been the reason for the war. They were a mere publicity stunt, aimed at brainwashing the Americans into supporting the war...
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That's why its tragic.
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

It was not only the Americans who were 'brainwashed. 'I recall that many Europeans believed it too. Of course they may have pretended to believe it.

BTW brainwashing can only take place in a controlled environment, such as a POW camp.

Comment

Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
                          That's why its tragic.
                          That your population collectively fell for a lie, supported to kill thousands for the sake of that lie, and re-elected the liar in chief depite eventually knowing all of this was a lie?
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

Aren't all wars based on lies?

Comment

Originally posted by Tripledoc
                              Aren't all wars based on lies?
                              No, all wars are based on power play, megalomania or madness.

The public justification for wars, OTOH, are pretty much always lies. But it feels much better believing in them.

Comment

Working...
                              X