This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didnt think you lived in Boston.

Anyway Im betting a million are dead when all is said and done.

The day the earth shook. What a terrible start to the new year.

I donated 10$ to a private charity. I think another 10$ is gonna go to Red Cross.
    http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=OLHMHMB&key=RRK

:-(

Comment

• Originally posted by The Emperor Fabulous
      Meulaboh had an initial report of between 10,000 and 40,000 dead, so I think the population you got was off. I think your population figures are off all around.
      I got the figures from a 2000 census and my own maps confirm that it's a small village, I'm fairly confident that information is more or less accurate. Using Google news, I find some news reports that say Meulaboh is a city of 120-150k inhabitants, some that say it's a village of 40,000. I've been to the area myself (not the actual town, or even Aceh, but other parts of Sumatra and surrounding islands) and real cities of 50k+ inhabitants are fairly rare there, it's a very rural area with lots of people living on the countryside and few in cities. The 120k+ figures probably refer to the entire province, not just the town itself.

Whatever...the numbers will come out eventually.
      Indeed, and they will be very high
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

• It looks like Sumatra bought it big time. It may take generations for it to come back, if ever. The reason I say this is that one history I read said the devastations wrought by Timor in Central Asia 600 years ago so depopulated the region that its effects are still felt today.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

• Originally posted by Gangerolf
          it just keeps getting worse

it has been mentioned, but if you can afford it, and you probably can, please donate some money to the aid organisations
          What?

Comment

• Originally posted by booger
            To everyone criticizing american for not sending enough help. Go to hell. Were doing what we can. Funny, I didnt see any of your governments donate this summer when Florida was under the gun.
            I guess he didn't take my warning seriously... He's gone for a week.

And since this is past 500 posts... use the new thread.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
            X