• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Second Coming of Apple

From the Wall Street Journal:

The Second Coming of Apple
    December 20, 2004

Apple Computer has been reborn -- and now it's on the verge of a renaissance.

Yes, we know Apple's share of the PC market remains little more than a rounding error: According to market-research company International Data Corp., its share of PC shipments hovers around 2% in both the home and commercial sectors, with more than half the commercial numbers coming from educational sales. But we see a confluence of events that we think will substantially change some of those numbers, ushering in an Apple tidal wave that will remake the home PC landscape.

Click here to continue reading. . .
    Get ready folks! It's coming! Viva la Revolucion!
    HAVE A DAY.
    <--- Quote by Former U.S. President Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt
    "And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
    For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Comment

Yes, maybe Mac's market share will DOUBLE ! (and thus shift to 4%)
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Second? I thought they were up to six or seven by now...
        "In the beginning was the Word. Then came the ******* word processor." -Dan Simmons, Hyperion

Comment

The iPod?

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes, we know Apple's share of the PC market remains little more than a rounding error: According to market-research company International Data Corp., its share of PC shipments hovers around 2% in both the home and commercial sectors, with more than half the commercial numbers coming from educational sales. But we see a confluence of events that we think will substantially change some of those numbers, ushering in an Apple tidal wave that will remake the home PC landscape.

Click here to continue reading. . .

I'll pass, the first paragraph makes it clear the article is bull****.

Comment

I doubt apple will ever be as big as the opposing armies of darkness.

Comment

Yesterday Apple announced the piece of technology that would grant it a near monopoly on worldwide computer sales: An iPod that not only lets you listen to music and take pictures, but surf the internet too! Now reduced to only $5000 USD (or 5500 Euros, or 6000 pounds)!

LOL APPLE WILL PWN MICROSOFT NOW LO%L PRAISE~!

Imran, just because you dont use anything to surf the internet doesn't mean others won't. And at 5000, this is a steal

This is REVOLUTIONARY! Apple and Linux will soon have combined markethsare of 101% Microsoft doesn't stand a chance!
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

sooo true

Comment

You know, if I ejaculated as much **** about linux as MNG does Apple, the whole forum would be covered in stickies on why this place is NOT ****ING SLASHDOT!
                    B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                      Yesterday Apple announced the piece of technology that would grant it a near monopoly on worldwide computer sales: An iPod that not only lets you listen to music and take pictures, but surf the internet too! Now reduced to only $5000 USD (or 5500 Euros, or 6000 pounds)!

LOL APPLE WILL PWN MICROSOFT NOW LO%L PRAISE~!

Imran, just because you dont use anything to surf the internet doesn't mean others won't. And at 5000, this is a steal

This is REVOLUTIONARY! Apple and Linux will soon have combined markethsare of 101% Microsoft doesn't stand a chance!
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Apple is surviving by selling consumer gadets like the Ipod. The trouble is consumers are notoriously fickle and as soon as they stop buying Ipods Apple loses nearly all of it's profits.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Apple is surviving by selling consumer gadets like the Ipod. The trouble is consumers are notoriously fickle and as soon as they stop buying Ipods Apple loses nearly all of it's profits.

And the Apple Death Knell Counter ticks up another notch.
                          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                            A lot of companies survive on consumer gadgets alone, though. Even mobile phones are gadgets these days.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Tassi
                              Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                              The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Working...
                              X