No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Bush Personally Authorized Torture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:42.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
      Yes I know but those are exceptions to the rule
      And have been determined to be subsequently illegal or if legal at the time, illegal now.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:42.
        We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Come on. Not letting you sleep is torture? Scaring you with dogs is torture? It's not very nice, but I don't think you can call it torture.
          Okay...

Why is torture used?
          -To get information.
          Then why are we using things that aren't torture?
          -Uh...
          meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Yes I know but those are exceptions to the rule
            And someone caught strapping a bomb to his or chest is not?

Come on now, how partisan do you wish to be simply because a man named Bush sits in the office?

You would wish defeat because of a leader you dislike?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              And after all, the European Court on Human Rights has called this behavior (the hooded prisoners, sleep and food deprivation, etc) inhumane behavior violating the law BACK IN 1980 in the case of Ireland v. United Kingdom. If police are still doing them stuff in London, Paris, and Berlin, they are violating their law.
              Too bad some of those things are done on a daily basis to prisoners in domestic criminal cases.

Is an interrogation that runs for 36 or 48 hours thorough, or sleep deprivation?

Can you show me cases where such interogations are tossed? I have heard of them frequently, in convictions that were not overturned. I thought they were not entirely fair, and I would like to read of instances where they were tossed.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 22:43.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
                    Imran, if there are a few sane people out there that have decided the laws you refer to are useless, self-defeating, illogical bull**** good on them. The world has to turn even if people like you (in this instance) are intent on stopping it.

Other people break sane laws in that time honored tradition revered here on Apolyton known as civil disobediance, I will apply the concept here to our valiant intel guys and troops risking jail and estrangement for your own good.
                    Holy ****, you're crazier than a loon. If folks like you are running the intel services, no wonder we have hooded people with electrodes attached to them. This is the rationale of evil men to commit evil acts.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Nice try, but I was still weakly giving Bush the benefit of the doubt UNTIL THIS VERY INCIDENT pushed me over the edge MONTHS AGO. It is old news to me and the straw that broke the camel's back.

Work on your cause and effect skills genius.
                      The point is it shouldn't matter WTF is president. If your forces are doing the right thing, they are the right thing under Clinton, Gore, Bush, Kerry, or anyone else.

Can you see this in anything other than an anti-Bush light? That is what I was asking.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

You think things would be much different in that order under a Democrat? On what basis?
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

And even if he pulled a Rumsfeld and had someone else sign it, if he is aware of the thing he should take responsiblity for it and repeal it.

In any case it is well known a document was circulating the Executive Branch trying to find out what the most torture we could do that was also marketable/acceptable to the American public.

The very fact that the Executive Branch (i.e. THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION) has to ask the very question of what is and is not "acceptable" forms of coercion, is the most troubling thing of all.
                                Under FDR you rounded up 100s of thousands of Japanese Americans. Was FDR a total ****? Would his Republican opponent have done better?
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                                X